Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    thatsafrenchassnameyvonne
    subtle whistling can be a side-effect of an aftermarket pod filter or CAI. Do you have one?
    '99 Integra GSi (gone)
    '95 Integra Vti-r (drag-spec)
    '91 Cressida Grande (daily)
    MT Drag Radials, Injen CAI (dc2r) & various parts for sale:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112491

No, the car is completely stock.. i'm getting real pnoid as this is my first proper car and u know how it is, dont want to wreck it. the two days i have owned it i have kicked it resonablely hard maybe hitting gear at 6 - 7000 rpm.
    Might of been a mistake.:S

Member Array
    Car:
    thatsafrenchassnameyvonne
    i wouldn't be too worried. I'd put the whistling down to intake. Unless it is more of a hissing noise, then you should look into it a bit more
    '99 Integra GSi (gone)
    '95 Integra Vti-r (drag-spec)
    '91 Cressida Grande (daily)
    MT Drag Radials, Injen CAI (dc2r) & various parts for sale:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112491

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '95 vti-r Integra
    i remember mis-shifting harsh once in my dc2 and destroying my rear engine mount. felt like i'd hit something crazy experiences like these teach us good lessons.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 ITR; Celica SSII
    Quote Originally Posted by infusionz View Post
    not exactly sure, it happened so fast, estimate around 100 - 110 i was going at.

another question i'm hearing a whistling noise at gear 3, 4, 5 around 3000rpm. should i be concerned? i'm not sure about the car as i just bought it and still discovering new things about it.

thanks for all the replys, it has broadened my horizens about the car.
    a lot of people had been saying about the 'infamous' whistling sound, and mine does that too !! Well i dont really care about it now.... since i got an open pod filter and full intake-header-exhaust, so that might contribute to the noise....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    also its mostly because your paranoid, cause that happend your ears want to listen more n u think every sound is something going wrong, dw u shud be fine mate.

farrk dat vid on streetfire is insaneee lol

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    honda kids boo baa it up my street misshifting as they go, still continues and they're fine. ur jus too worked up and every noise will be a suspect problem. jus cash ur car out for a camry and some banh mi tit
    ohh herrow im jdm