Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux Sat-Nav 6MT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by The X Man View Post
    We have an R32 at work and in my view it's overrated. If you think the Accord Euro's rattle wait until the R32 does, it drives you mad!
    I think you're right. I've made the wrong decision. Even worse I've just discovered that one of the edges of the underside of the fuel release lever beside the driver's door has slightly more texture than the other side. That just totally ruins the car for me. Who cares about engine, drivetrain and how the car feels to drive. The car is a failure!!

Seriously though, the build quality of the Euro is Honda's finest and very good indeed. But it's not in the same league as the German carmakers - and especially Audi and VW who are at the top in terms of build quality.

Also, I defy any Euro owner who has driven a Mk5 R32 (not the old ones) can honestly admit that the R32 is not an utterly addictive and satisfying drive. Come on now, I love the Euro and I am giving it a really good rap and always will respect it. It's a much better looking car than the R32, but the way it drives is in a completely different league.

But to get back on track, this forum is about respecting the almighty Euro.
    2007 Euro Luxury Sat-Nav 6MT
    Nighthawk Black, Black leather
    Full body-kit & spoiler, Silver interior upgrade, Multimedia player, Stainless Steel door trims
    Comptech Icebox, Whiteline swaybar

Quote Originally Posted by The X Man View Post
    I bought my wife a new Mitsubishi Lancer for 21K back in 2006 which has done 36,000kms now. It's never had a warranty claim and not a single rattle in it anywhere.
    But that's because your wife is driving it most of the time!
    But yes, I had an old mitsubishi, never had many problems at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Actually if we talk about build quality in terms of least warranty issues and reliability, the best are Mazda, Honda and Subaru, with Toyota a distant fourth.

VW and Audi make quality interiors, if that's what floats your boat. VW is apparently not so great for the fault rate per car. They may be German, but VW is a long way behind Porsche.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Nice car, but I'd go for the Gti. You are paying an extra 10-15k for not really that much more.

thats up to the buyer to decide tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken-f View Post
    thats up to the buyer to decide tho.
    I know that but all I'm saying is that the biggest difference between the two cars is the price, other than that the are almost on a level paying field, especially for city driving purposes.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    Actually if we talk about build quality in terms of least warranty issues and reliability, the best are Mazda, Honda and Subaru, with Toyota a distant fourth.

VW and Audi make quality interiors, if that's what floats your boat. VW is apparently not so great for the fault rate per car. They may be German, but VW is a long way behind Porsche.

- HZ
    I think u should switch Toyota and Mazda as Mazda isn't all that.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I saw pics of a few Mazda MPS where the engine mount broke when driven enthusiastically and the engine was half sunk in the engine bay. Design problem. LOL

Gf's Subaru had a recall because the throttle cable would get stuck when cruise control was controlling it. Seriously bad design problem.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux Sat-Nav 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    I know that but all I'm saying is that the biggest difference between the two cars is the price, other than that the are almost on a level paying field, especially for city driving purposes.
    Perhaps... but without any consideration for the way in which power is delivered (smooth, totally linear, seamless V6 grunt versus slightly peaky turbo pull), delivered to the wheels (AWD grip which grips so hard that tyres will screech in the wet without even losing control or sliding and more grip than just about anything else versus front wheel torque steer), and also flat out performance (R32 beats GTI in all speed tests - actual 0-100 time seems to be 5.9 rather than the reported 6.2, and that doesn't fairly represent the in gear acceleration).

And for anybody who has ever driven an R32, they would notice the sweet noise emanating from the unique, narrow-angle V6 (referred to as a VR6 - a sort of cross between flat six and vee six) engine and exhaust. The experience of the strong, linear power delivery through four wheels is absolutely worth a price premium over the GTI. Not that there's anything wrong with the GTI, as it's an absolutely fantastic car. The noise is just completely nuts and you'd be flat out finding something that sounds anywhere near that good outside of the exotic sports car league. The 2.0 turbo in the GTI is a very, very good engine. But it (or just about anything else) simply doesn't sound or feel the same as that sweet VR6.

And on the topic of price premium, I actually got my R32 quite a lot cheaper than an equivalently specced GTI (5 door, DSG, leather, bi-xenons, upgraded 10 speaker audio, 18" wheels and more). Not to mention the expected price premium of 184kw V6 and Haldex all-wheel drive system. I also like the styling of the R32 (personal choice). Those huge, twin, centre-mounted exhaust pipes look hot. As do the blue-painted brake calipers. Being substantially larger than those on the GTI they also offer great performance, pulling up much quicker than those on the GTI, weight difference taken into consideration.

I had all intention of purchasing a GTI... until I inadvertently happened to have a drive in an R32... I seriously defy anybody who has driven one of these and not fallen in love! After all, it's about the driving experience, isn't it? Otherwise we'd all be driving a Prius!

But anyway, one more time, back on topic, this thread was about my strong feelings for the Euro Luxury.
    Last edited by Lukey13; 02-11-2009 at 08:35 PM.
    Full body-kit & spoiler, Silver interior upgrade, Multimedia player, Stainless Steel door trims

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by albii View Post
    I think u should switch Toyota and Mazda as Mazda isn't all that.
    Actually, it's Toyota that aren't as good as people think they are any more.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Hope you enjoy the R32! My partner admires them whenever they go past, especially in blue, they are a hot car.

Never driven an R32, but would love to compare one back to back with a GTI.

I saw a new Audi S3 in black this morning that was immaculately detailed, that was a nice car too - but golly that's an expensive car. Compared to that, the R32 is good value.

- HZ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux Sat-Nav 6MT

Unhappy Going, going....

Well, it looks like I may have found the next owner of my beloved Euro... pending receipt of $33,000.

He certainly is getting himself a lovely bit of kit for that money.
    I can't see any other examples for sale which have all the extras that really make the car even more special.

I sure will miss the Euro and I'll be sure to take it out for a long, sentimental final drive if it all goes to plan.