[DIY Request] Changing headlight bulb on GD jazz/fit

hey guys..

just bought a 2002 Fit for the mrs and I'm planning to change the bulb to MTECs however the car didn't come with the manual.

Could anyone do a brief DIY with pics on how to do it please?

Much much appreciated

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Where are you located? It's pretty hard to do a DIY for since a lot of it is feel if you do it the easy way. (i.e. Pull the fender liner back) This is because a lot of it is feel and not sight.

hey man..I'm actually in Auckland, New Zealand.

I've read a brief post in an overseas forum that someone had to remove the front bumper to access the bulbs..so pulling the fenders on both sides are enough you reckon? I'm assuming you have to unscrew a few screws that hold the fenders too and then you can just pry it open?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9

Turn the wheel inwards towards the engine to give you self room to work

Remove the mud guard.
    There should be a black clip u need to remove. Use a Flathead screwdriver and unclip it.
    well dont remove the whole thing, just take the 1 clip out and you can pull the guard back towards the tire.

Now you have access to the bulbs. You need to unplug the power socket from the bulb (squeeze the sides and pull and it should release, I have HID's in my car so it may look a tiny bit different in the pic).
    Next, take off the rubber seal, give it a pull, there's tabs on the plug u can pull on.
    You will then see the bulb, push down on the silver clip that's holding the bulb in place and the lever should pop out. And out comes the bulb.
    If you want to get your parker, Give it a twist either clockwise or anti clockwise. Should be easy to turn.

And there you have it. Hope that helped.
    Last edited by stylzjhn; 23-10-2009 at 10:06 PM.

you are officially my hero! Thanks a lot!

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by NZFD2 View Post
    you are officially my hero! Thanks a lot!
    You're welcome. Not much effort to take some photo's (: