Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '95 vti-r Integra
    my 95 dc2 vti-r is at 196XXX kms. I've had to replace steering rack and cv joints/arms of late. OIL is not burning whatsoever. the Engine is still really quiet, besides the typical 'noisy' injectors. besides that, the car's suspension is a lil off, and clutch slave is starting to leak SLIGHTLY. all in all, taking care of the car has kept it going as strong and as 'healthy' as it is now. I saw an old, OLD integra in japan (maybe 89 model) with over 400,000kms on it. still went well. just take care of it yo.

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    my 96 dc4 gsi has lasted 273XXXkms and still going strong, been serviced every 30,000kms and hasnt miss a beat, no tappet noise, just purrs
    Welcome Abourd

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 VTi-R Integra
    cool thanks for the info guys, ill prob keep it for the next 3-4 years then!

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by integragsi96 View Post
    my 96 dc4 gsi has lasted 273XXXkms and still going strong, been serviced every 30,000kms and hasnt miss a beat, no tappet noise, just purrs
    every 30k?!?!!?

should change the oil + oil filter every 5k

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 VTi-R Integra
    isnt it every 10k or 6months?

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    better to do it every 5k imho

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Holy Mac!

Every 30,000km?!?!

That's car cruelty.

For regular street use, change oil and filter every 8 to 10,000km. 5,000km if you're really anal about maintaining engine internals.

I hope you did the timing belt at 100,000Kms too....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '95 vti-r Integra
    rofl 30k km intervals huh

i'm getting close to the 200k mark, timing belt change time!?

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    thats what the log book said :|
    yehh i know its car cruelity but im only 17, first year trainee so thats all i can afford atm
    well
    plus im thinking about ditching it once i get onto my full licence for an evo 7 (if ive saved enough)
    so yeh dont come back with the smart comments saying car cruelity when im only a first yr trainee on a shit wage
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    thats what the log book said :|
    yehh i know its car cruelity but im only 17, first year trainee so thats all i can afford atm
    well
    plus im thinking about ditching it once i get onto my full licence for an evo 7 (if ive saved enough)
    so yeh dont come back with the smart comments saying car cruelity when im only a first yr trainee on a shit wage
    it costs like undr 100 bucks for a minor service.

or change the oil + filter if you can urself every 5km, and the alternate 5k take it to a mechanic.

and the sticker on the stock airbox says oils meant to be changed every 10k

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    I wouldn't drive my car if i couldnt afford to do oil changes. Otherwise somethign fcks up its gonna cost lot more in the long run...

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 yO!
    Are you serious. No more than $50 dollar for oil and $20 for a filter. Plus less than 1 hour of your time.
    Petrol costs about that much nowadays. If you think you can reach an evo 7, I think you can afford to choose the better alternative in the short run.