Thread: Stock K24A Cams

Stock K24A Cams

Hi all, I'm a newbie on this site, so please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong area..
    My wife has a 2003 CRV with the K24A motor. The mechanic who services the car (who is a mate also) has advised us that when he took went to inspect/adjust the clearances on the cams, he saw one lobe on the inlet cam had what looked to be the 'hard face' coating worn competely off one lobe only.
    As this was the first time the cam cover had been removed, we assume it may have been a fault from new..?

Anyway, whatever the reason, we need another inlet cam for the CRV engine to replace the damaged one,without it costing an arm & a leg.

We also dont have the time to remove the cam and send off to be repaired at the camshaft grinders, as they said it would be about a 2 week turnaround, and my wife cannot be without her car for 2 weeks..
    I am posting on this site as I assumed someone would have purchased a wrecker K24A motor to build up with aftermarket race cams etc, and may have a pair of stock cams laying around that they no longer need and are willing to part with for a reasonable price?? Any info / help appreciated.
    Cheers

Steve

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    We got K24A3 Euro Cams
    PM DRHONDA and see if he got CRV K24A Cams
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Thanks EG5