Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16

air con not working....

Hi there, got a eg with b18CR swap... it is a project car so I havent driven it much after the conversation.... well today i found out the a/c is not working.... Any idea guys???

Do you think it is becoz I have a bend a/c hose as shown in the pix? Mechanic have asked me to shorten it but i never thought it will stop working.... When I press the a/c button, i havent heard any sound from the engine......

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    did u get the a/c regassed after the conversion?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    yes because it is bent and you need flush out the compressor, if its not contiminated, then regas your aircon, by the looks of it you need to buy the b series aircon hoses

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic hatch
    That is a hell of a bend, wouldn't help the r134a is to flow properly through the condenser to disperse the tranfered heat to atmosphere, so if it cant do that it fails to remove heat from your cabin. try having them fit the original hose from the original motor? unless thats it then you need to get one made up. also see if you have 12v at the a/c compressor

If you can't hear it engage, then the hose isn't your issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    would the compressor clutch still engage if there is absolutely no gas in the system?
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic hatch
    no, as it doesn't fall within the required pressure for the pressure switch to actuate. even if it was not the problem i would correct that hose for sure. think about how much pressure is in that and how detrimental it is for global warming when it blows.