Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Interesting. Wheels magazine ( or motor?) did a tyre review recently and the RE001 came out of top with a few other performance/road tyres. I stand by and agree with that review.

Yet again the question is - where are your RE001's made ?
    wheels mag or (motor) are all very bias when it come to reviews for anything i was reading one of the above mags and they said that the new civic type r is all talk no action.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Thats the thing , there is APPARENTLY a difference between locally made and Japanese made bridgestone RE001's. That is , in materials used.
    The actual mould is exactly the same tho.
    So I take it Japanese > Aust made Adrenalins?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    where can u get jap made andrenalins?

> so, i can assume that the material engineer working @ bridgestone au is being a smartarse and insisted the compound should be reformulated to suit the so called "australian road condition"

Not sure if there is any sarcasm here.

Goodyear F1's had a similar case not too long ago.
    The Euro version were a silica compound rubber and had RAVE reviews.
    The local version didn't have the silica compound technology and caused a lot of people to question the original reviews.

> Used Falken 452's and then Bridgestone RE001.

Really, RE-001's beaten by falken 452's?
    On what planet?

Advan AD07 the price

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    So does anyone actually know what the real differences are between the Jap and Aust made RE001's?

But yes, the RE001's are somewhat overrated.
    They're absolutely shite in the wet.
    Having said that, they're somewhat decent when dry, treadwear is pretty good and not too expensive either.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    im surprised by the negative comments re their performance in de wet...they stuck like glue when it was absolutely pouring and i was amazed by how much grip they had..close to dry conditions..best tyres ive used so far...btw they r de jap ones.

Quote Originally Posted by racerwannabe View Post
    ..best tyres ive used so far...btw they r de jap ones.
    this is the point i have made initially , and others have over time.

There must be a compound difference between locally made RE001's and japanese made RE001's.

Yet again , i cannot falter my RE001's. Great tyre. NFI why people harp on about wet cornering ability because all other road tyres are the same if not worse in the wet from my experience

Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    wheels mag or (motor) are all very bias when it come to reviews for anything i was reading one of the above mags and they said that the new civic type r is all talk no action.

While maybe true , their "tests" dont lie and dont show any bias.

The RE001 came out on top on all tests bar the wet cornering test i think -

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    But isn't that true compared to an EK9, EP3R or FD2R? And isn't that true when you put the FN2R against the WRX, Megane, XR5 and 3 MPS?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Mine are Australian-made RE001, and they are good. You have to remember that in the wet, road conditions make a big difference, sometimes more than the tyre itself. With my RE001, there is a section of epping road that is rough and in my opinion a bit oily because of the daily traffic jams. When there, I have no traction in 2nd gear part throttle. Yet in the Olympic Park area, the road is a bit smoother, but not oily and I have traction in 2nd gear full throttle and even 1st gear part throttle.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    FALKEN RT615 is over-rated. Not enough track grip, and less grip in the wet than a semi-slick on the road.

Do not buy. Buy real semi-slicks instead. TOYO R888 is a great semi-slick on the road, warms up quickly so you don't feel like you're driving on ice. Also great in the wet believe it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    But isn't that true compared to an EK9, EP3R or FD2R? And isn't that true when you put the FN2R against the WRX, Megane, XR5 and 3 MPS?
    When buying a daily driver I bought a renault clio 197 instead of the civic type R... it's too slow for what it's supposed to be and all that money you pay!