Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast
    ...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbs View Post
    Personally I'd be going for the R6 as they're better built then the gixxer and the 675 has a very aggressive riding possesion. But then again it isn't really going to much difference to you because you'll end up loving which ever you get, provided it doesn't kill you.
    K5 and current GSXR build quality is tops! And the R6 has the most aggressive riding position ive ever felt. It scared me touching the brakes. GSXR has a more relaxed position and better for tall guys like me as your arse isnt 10ft in the air. Never been on a 675 though, but ive heard they are well set up for daily riding. Look a bit dated now though

Quote Originally Posted by gumbs View Post
    For the record buying a 600cc super sport for a first bike is a REALLY BAD IDEA. But I'm not your mum so go for your life.
    +1. Its a bad idea, you wont have insurance
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    ahh.. have a few questions regarding driving a bike here in Australia. i'm in Melb and have a Malaysian car driving license that i use here if that makes any difference.

1. if i buy a bike from A, how do i bring it home since i do not have a bike license?
    2. where do you guys park the bike say if in CBD ?
    3. I can practice riding at home myself and go for the test yeah?
    4. other than a helmet, gloves/jackets etc are not required by law?

was thinking of just getting a scooter for the fun during summer but seems that i cant get a more kick-ass one for not much more lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    1. you will need a trailer or ute

2. most places are quite relaxed when it comes to parking the bike, though im not sure about all the particulars like on what side of the pavement and how you can leave the bike, or for how long

3. practise at home? im assuming u have previous experience? or u want to buy a 5k bike and try to go in circles in your back yard?

if u have little or no previous experience, go and get your learners first, ur gona need it

they teach u everything from scratch, costs around $300, i recommend HART

then you can ride the bike u buy home or any where else for up to 15 months, then u must apply for ur license

4. Sure only helmet is required, thats because its one of those old laws that tries to rely on peoples common sense rather than having to legislate for every known possibility

if u go riding without all the proper gear, u are being unbelievably stupid, lol
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    or else get someone who have a license to ride it home for you.
    in vic, it is legal to park on foot path and pretty much any where that do not obstruct anyone or thing
    u can practice at home but as krogoth said its better to go for the test..its 260 for 2 day course during weekdays...i m doing it with a friend on coming monday...*fingers crossed*
    by law u only need helmet...but after an accident i had on a pocket bike...i m going to be wearing jacket, pants and gloves or i'll just drive my car...
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    thanks for clearing up guys, rules are a little different here from where i came from. was a little confused of the whole LAMS thing.

so procedure goes like get learners -> buy bike -> buy helmet etc -> drive around for 15months -> get full license.

another questions, are there bikes that does not need license? scooter / moped or the like? this is because i might be leaving au in 2 years time and wana get something cheappp so depreciation dont bite me as hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    all bikes needs a license in aus.

prcedure should be..( this is if u r serious...)

buy helmet (maybe gloves, jacket and pants as well) > learners > bike > 3months later Ps > 12 months after that fulls

when u go for Ls u'll need to wear helmet and gloves to learn..they do provide u with them, but i never like to wear someone else's sweaty gloves/helmet..so u mite as well get the gears now...
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    to drive anything on the road pretty much, u must have your learners, when u go to a certified company that offers you a 2 day course to learn everything from scratch, u will be allowed to choose to learn on a scooter or a proper bike

the learner permit covers both motorcycles

if u have previous experience riding and believe u are good enough, a 4 hour course and learner test is available, they provide all equipment for both the 1 and 2 day course

15 months is the maximum amount of time you can hold a learner permit before it expires

but u can get ur license much before then

sounds a bit confusing, but if u get ur learners, then you have to hold them without any problems for a minimum of 3months before u are allowed to go for ur license test

but not every1 can afford to buy a bike as soon as they get their Ls, and not every1 feels confident enough after 3 months to go and apply for their license
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1979 Civic
    Just be wary as the rules for learners are different in each state and the rules have just changed recently in most states.

If you aren't going to be in the country for long make sure you buy one that you can flog off easy enough when you leave. I'd suggest looking at the Honda Spada - a great 'old' learners bike that doesn't look too crap and goes well (for a 250).

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    wait is the yzf-r6 learner legal?
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm boy View Post
    wait is the yzf-r6 learner legal?
    if it was, there'd be a lot of people going splat each week

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    lol didnt think so, but theres alot of people going splat anyway so at least with an r6 u can do it properly
    can someone please explain the ins and outs of buying a bike?
    kms wise
    dents on tank wise
    etc
    would love to buy a cbr250rr but am a little too big
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    they do seem a little small sometimes

but to begin with, its great to have something lighter

a bigger heavier bike can be a bit of a challenge, even when coming from a lot of experience from smaller bikes id imagine

just find a big cruiser man, u can get plenty that are chunky and comfortable enough for bigger people to ride with ease
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin