Page 142 of 313 FirstFirst ... 4292132139140141142143144145152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,693 to 1,704 of 3745
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1991 Integra LS
    Thanks Jon

Newcomer Array
    Raised up in Campbelltown but live in Canberra atm.
    Car:
    Da9 Integra & CE Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon DA9R View Post
    for it to be engine to be compatible with manual...u'll need gearbox, loom, ecu and if ur car is not orginally manual..u'll need...pedals, dash, clutch cable, gearbox glove, shift rods....i THINK thats it
    Ive already got all the parts already! i was just wondering hard is it to straight swap in and out?

how long will it take

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    I have a write up on it, about to do the swap myself. I'd say if you are mechanically minded set aside a weekend, if not, a week.

Labour from a mechs is usually around $1000 or more, just to put it into perspective.
    Bought from: Taleb Tyres, scyt7e

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    so ebay coilovers are shti lol fk LEAKING OMG lol fk that

um..ok what about those $20 performance chip shits?? 20bux and they say it addss 20hp obviously not dfat much .. i guess lol but would it improve any performance??

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    i have one...dont do anything

Quote Originally Posted by wahyu4ever View Post
    Ive already got all the parts already! i was just wondering hard is it to straight swap in and out?

how long will it take
    sorry didnt quite undersatnd...not sure depending on mechanics? would have no idea if u were to do it urself...guessing from few hours to a few days? haha
    ModBox

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra da9
    Hey loose3r,
    nah mate mine was Torino red Aka burgundy Aka Ron Burgundy???
    I bought it off a friend that needed cash in a hurry.
    Why do you ask?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    ebay coilover sleeves are even worse. let my mistake be a lesson to you all :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    omg my DA9 i was gona take it to my formal.
    i polished it put rims on it and on my way to getting walls and the fkn speedometer jst dropped to 0k's then the fkn engine check light came (the fkn tap thingy) fkn NRMA couldnt figure out where to put his lil scan tool. -_-

Had to get it towed to a mechanic lol anyone know where the NRMA guy is suppose to plug the scan tool in? this guy couldn't find it appearnty its like 16 pins or sumfn..

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    didn't know our cars have that technonlogy....lol but if they do..

undo the cover in the under the steering wheel..everything should be there..
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    lol eh.. its at mechanics now so our cars problly dont have it ?
    fk i hate computers and shit cars shuold just be motors wat good is a ecu all it does is fuk up more shit lol

Don't expect an NRMA guy to be useful for anything but unlocking your door or bringing you a new battery.

Honda ECUs are robust. The responsibility of calculating the vehicle speed lies with the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) which lives inside the instrument cluster (on the gearbox on 93+ Hondas). The ECU has no control over this. You don't need a functioning VSS to drive - were there more problems to cause you to get the car towed?

The scan tools are for OBDII equiped vehicles. Honda didn't bring these in until ~96; the DA9 is non-OBD for 89-91 and OBDI for 92-93.

If you ever get a check engine light, you can find out why by asking the ecu for the fault "code". There is a DIY on this topic in the DIY Articles section. It's very simple and involves using a piece of wire to short a connector. In my car I've rigged this up to a switch. When the check engine light come on, you can find out exactly what the problem is in 5 seconds. I've never heard of a Honda ECU kicking the bucket.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    The easiest way to check it on your car, is underneath the passenger footwell there is a little flap of carpet, it is just over where the ECU sits. Under the flap of carpet there is an LED. Turn your key to II (KOEO), and check how many times it flashes to determine what code its throwing.