Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Integra
    but first thing they do is open up your bonnet and last time on my NX i had an exhaust and i only got defected for pod filter and extractors. end of the story is that i dont want a cai coz i think they make ur bay look cheap unless u have a very very worked bay.. ive got nothing in mine... sorta know what i mean ??

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    A common mod is to use your stock airbox (since you're so worried about defects) but to get some cheap airconditioning ducting pipe and route it from your front bar/splashguard to the underside of your airbox.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    CAI makes ur engine look cheap? , lol it does the opposite imo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    A common mod is to use your stock airbox (since you're so worried about defects) but to get some cheap airconditioning ducting pipe and route it from your front bar/splashguard to the underside of your airbox.
    yeah sounds good.. thats what i was thinking about doing....
    also one of my mates made a replica with chrome piping that leads to a custom box with pod inside then more piping to the guard... i personally just think the stock box on a stock bay looks better

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    CAI makes ur engine look cheap? , lol it does the opposite imo
    man all im saying is that IN MY OPINION.. you should either have a sexy ass mother****ing engine bay like this http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=b20

or stock... inbetween in my opinion is just not nice..

my conclusion is either work the shit out of it or leave it with a stock look and i personally like the stock look
    Last edited by Zilli; 25-11-2009 at 02:19 PM.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    When you pull it apart you will find its got no end for it to bring cold air, its closed up, .. well youve got an exhaust system theyll pick on you for that more than a filter or airbox
    not sure what you mean

the stock intake consists of the rubber pipe from the intake manifold to the airbox. Thin gauge plastic piping from the bottom of the airbox to the resonator under your headlight/guard, then from there a plastic pipe that in a VTIR comes back into the bay, in a ITR is repositioned into the guard...

How could it be blocked off if it is an air feed?
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrano08 View Post
    man all im saying is that IN MY OPINION.. you should either have a sexy ass mother****ing engine bay like this http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=b20

or stock... inbetween in my opinion is just not nice..

my conclusion is either work the shit out of it or leave it with a stock look and i personally like the stock look
    many people take this route dude, they enlarge the hole in the box, attach some sort of piping such as air conditioning duct, and route it to the bumper or vent... its a good cheap way to get some more horsepower...

oh yeh, sorry noob mod pressed edit instead of quote :-)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    not sure what you mean

Thin gauge plastic piping from the bottom of the airbox to the resonator under your headlight/guard, then from there a plastic pipe that in a VTIR comes back into the bay, in a ITR is repositioned into the guard...

yeah this is the exact part that i want.. ide rather have it stock then do a diy... what can i call it on a WTB ??

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    not sure what you mean

the stock intake consists of the rubber pipe from the intake manifold to the airbox. Thin gauge plastic piping from the bottom of the airbox to the resonator under your headlight/guard, then from there a plastic pipe that in a VTIR comes back into the bay, in a ITR is repositioned into the guard...

How could it be blocked off if it is an air feed?
    not sure bout dc2r but this is a gsi/vtir one, see how its just closed off when connected together

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrano08 View Post
    yeah this is the exact part that i want.. ide rather have it stock then do a diy... what can i call it on a WTB ??
    you need an ITR resonator and associated piping

I'm unsure, but you may also need the ITR airbox and intake pipe (the bit from the intake manifold to the box)... actually im sure the airboxes look the same... unsure, hopefully someone here can help?

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    not sure bout dc2r but this is a gsi/vtir one, see how its just closed off when connected together
    hmmmm... to honest dude i cant really tell what you're saying... but what you're describing it as is like a cai that is welded shut? thats not gonna work is it? it must break from elsewhere other than the end!

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    lol im not tryna say anything im saying that its there to resonate sound not for feeding in air