Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Ek CivicVTi
    thanks for all the feedback guys i think id prefer a sunroof and more seating over a targa 2 seater. I like cruising so 1 extra person would just get annooying on a long drive haha. Another car i just thought of was the accord vtir..there are some very nice ones out there. Accord, leather, sunroof, slammed, ICE, I/H/E...?

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    personally i dont like them id go for the lude vti-r or si if you dont want a teggy

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Accord is a very nice car...

I have a '97 VTi-S for sale (Japanese version of VTi)
    - 117,000 KMs
    - Stock to the bone
    - Mild scratches and dents ---> previously owned owned by my grandma so it's never been hammered but won't take much at all to get it to shmick
    - Two owners, originally owned by the executive of a Honda dealer before going to my granny

Let me know if you're interested

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    I've just recently bought a Del Sol after owning my EG with JDM B16A for like 8 years.. The Del sol is a fun chassis to drive, has the flexibility of the targa roof etc.. but the B16 is pretty gutless.. about the same as an EG civic hatch SOHC VTEC .. allthough with I/H/E this shouldnt be quite so bad.

The del sol is pretty impractical though as it's strictly a 2 seater. the boot is pretty big though and being shorter in length and wheelbase than even an EG civic - parking and manouverability is very good.

The integra ? hrm is a lot more practical - 4/5 seater with a large hatch area - better for audio than Del Sol I'd say.. The B18C2 (VTiR integra) has more power and a lot more torque than a AUS B16A2 however most VTiR's have been thrashed over the past 15 years by many many ricers etc. mind you it's hard to find a del sol without some bodykit or big chrome wheels and stick-on vinyl graphics etc.. but the relatively high re-sale value of Del Sols has kept them out of reach of most ricers out there..

from my experience - the DC2 chassis is great (in Type R form) but the VTiR/GSi chassis just doesnt do anything for me. Comparing to an old Accord.. you're losing all of your sportyness for a more comfortable ride etc. Those old VTi-S accords are brilliant cars - one of the best all round cars built by honda.. but when you're considering an EG2 or a DC2.. apples and oranges.

Like SINSTR said - take em both for a drive.
    Last edited by VT3C; 07-12-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Anyone know the 0-100km time for a Del Slow?

Del sol is not that heavy as people think it is, the stock weight is 1115 and Eg Vti Stock weight is 1051kg.

64kg heavier over the Eg Vti, u gotta remember that b16a is heavy then a d16y1

Anyone know the exact weight difference between d series and b series.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTR View Post
    Im a CRX boy so you'll know what i'll tell you...

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    Del Sol? damn yanks. The gen 3 is heavy for what it is because of the targa top, the chassis needs to be braced to accomodate for lack of strength.

0-100 is more or less the same as a vti-r civic, 7.x seconds.

I listen to everyone complain about the lack of torque with the b16 but I've never really noticed an issue, I'm not ****ing towing a trailor I'm driving around in a 2 seater buzz box. Go take one for a drive see if it bothers you, personally I like revving the crap outof my car =)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    I'm getting a little tired of mine (b16a), you have to put a fair bit of work into it to keep it 'on the boil'. It gets tiring after a while. If u let it fall below 3000rpm between gearchanges, you are screwed.