Help with Civic FD body kit

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me with some kit parts ive been looking at on the net.

I'm not sure if they're for FD2 or FD1 and if they'll fit my FD1 civic. Here's the links:

http://www.carmate.com.au/product_de...id=HDCV064M2FB
    http://www.carmate.com.au/product_de...tid=HDCV064MRB
    http://www.carmate.com.au/product_de...id=HDCV064MDSS
    http://www.carmate.com.au/product_de...id=HDCV064M2FF

Any help is appreciated

sean.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    looks pretty good. pretty damn cheap. i can only assume that it would fit an fd1 but the product title is pretty ambiguous "Honda Civic 2006-up 4Dr Sedan".
    doesnt come with the wing tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    should fit man but send them an email just incase it doesnt for some odd reason
    and 1k goes down the drain
    “A good balance between power, handling and light weight through tuning is our philosophy. ” -Tatsuru Ichishima

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    I have 'heard' carmate usually doesn't have perfect fit?

Newcomer Array
    If it is says for FD1 and FD2 that then it should fit on both Australian VTi, VTi-L and Sport models. But in the links you have posted it only says 2006 up. That kit is actually the Mugen kit and AFAIK, they will fit our FDs but depending on who you buy it from, small modifications may be needed. Considering the price they are being sold at, I'm not so sure if it would be a good fit. Like the post above, I have also heard that Carmate fits aren't as good as you'd want but it may not be true. Best if you give them a call or something and check just to be sure before you spend.

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by FDBenni View Post
    I have 'heard' carmate usually doesn't have perfect fit?
    do not get kit from Carmate, ive read some bad stories about them.. kits not fitting, dodgy work

how i know this? google and other car forums

Well, is there anywhere else that I could get the same kit from? If car mate is infact dodgy that is lol.

Its the onli site ive seen with that kit so far and yeah lmaoo. but I"ll get onto emailing them thanks for the help guys xD

Quote Originally Posted by Noodulz View Post
    If it is says for FD1 and FD2 that then it should fit on both Australian VTi, VTi-L and Sport models. But in the links you have posted it only says 2006 up. That kit is actually the Mugen kit and AFAIK, they will fit our FDs but depending on who you buy it from, small modifications may be needed. Considering the price they are being sold at, I'm not so sure if it would be a good fit. Like the post above, I have also heard that Carmate fits aren't as good as you'd want but it may not be true. Best if you give them a call or something and check just to be sure before you spend.
    doesnt look mugen to me - looks like fd2r

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by prawncracka View Post
    Well, is there anywhere else that I could get the same kit from? If car mate is infact dodgy that is lol.

Its the onli site ive seen with that kit so far and yeah lmaoo. but I"ll get onto emailing them thanks for the help guys xD
    look in the trader section for Touge Tune, they have the type r kit for fd. it costs more than carmate, but i havnt heard any complaints about fitment from them. ebay also stocks type r kits.. but they're mostly from overseas and fitment is questionable.
    Last edited by aero; 05-12-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc View Post
    doesnt look mugen to me - looks like fd2r
    Hmmm the links took me to the page with the Mugen kit but yeah you right the white kit is the FD2R kit. It seems all links now take me to the same page

haha yuh probs the page got changed or sth from when u viewed it

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    theres better ones available.. Fitment should be your biggest concern.