Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    lovely post. thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '96 JDM EK4 SiR
    sorry for the noob question, does the OEM s2000 antenna come with the antenna base too? the ones from jdmyard and jdmconcept seems to be just the antenna

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    hopefully this helps some people out as this guy has the replica s2000 antennas back in stock if anyone is interested.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ampli...Q5fAccessories

i went to their website and there is a complete DIY on the install into a DC2 Integra!!!

http://www.locustom.com/gsr_install.htm

Also see this link for the same antenna but in a DA Integra!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...hlight=antenna

make sure you buy off their website and not the ebay motors store as the postage on ebay is $30US and the website is only $10US
    Last edited by marky53; 11-11-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b4dnuf View Post

Also from the previous pic you'll see a red cable with a white housing. i cut the cable as there is nothing to plug it into and its not needed (to the best of my knowledge on the DC2) plus it wont fit through the whole if you leave it on.
    A quick heads up. My antenna arrived in the post. Best $50 ever spent on a non-JDM cosmetic part ever.

But for those who ordered one or are thinking of ordering one, please note: The red wire from the antenna is not useless. It HAS a purpose. It powers the small built-in antenna amplifier in the base.

And the Shark antenna will fit through the original antenna hole with both wires on. once again, the big black wire is understandably the radio antenna lead, and the small red wire with the spade type connector on the end is the +12V power lead. You'll either need to fabricate an adapter to fit it to the OEM power antenna lead in the car, or just cut the spade plug off, then wedge the bare wire end into the centre of the three pins on the OEM power connector and tape it up tight.

Try not to cut the OEM connector off at the original car wiring loom, just in case in the future it gets used again.

Bu it's important to use only the centre connector pin for the red power wire from the shark. That's the switched power wire that turns on when your head unit is on and off when it's not.

You can do without the red wire connection, but your radio signal will be noticeably weaker. I know because I experimented.