Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R

quarter panel repair

hey guys,
    last night one of my mates reversed into my integra type r, damaging my front right quarter panel. other than the panel nothing else seems to be damaged. i was just wondering how much you guys reckon itl cost to repair. i dont think the panel can be panel beated - in other words a new panel is needed.
    thanks to anyone who can help!

Quote Originally Posted by gilby126 View Post
    hey guys,
    last night one of my mates reversed into my integra type r, damaging my front right quarter panel. other than the panel nothing else seems to be damaged. i was just wondering how much you guys reckon itl cost to repair. i dont think the panel can be panel beated - in other words a new panel is needed.
    thanks to anyone who can help!
    ur lookin at about 3 grand...
    A new panel depending on which panel can cost almost $2000.
    Labour then paint = $1000
    = $3000.

A new door for my car was almost $2000 dollars as they have to be brought over from japan..
    Hope it gives you a rough idea

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    ur lookin at about 3 grand...
    A new panel depending on which panel can cost almost $2000.
    Labour then paint = $1000
    = $3000.

A new door for my car was almost $2000 dollars as they have to be brought over from japan..
    Hope it gives you a rough idea
    Just go to wreckers to get a front guard or even find it on the forums and get it resprayed but you may need to spray the whole side, as the colour may vary with compared to your door. that's a ridiculous price for a door.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    wow didnt think it would cost that much. my friends excess is $1500, so i guess if it would cost me that much we might aswell just go through insurance.

yeh that was my original plan..but i reckon itl be pretty hard to find a panel in decent condition from a wrecker

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    lol watajoke, 2 grand for a door? this is thru insurance aye, ass raping prices.

OP , go to wreckers find a second hand gaurd same colour, or get one and spray it

should be about 200-300 max then spraying shouldnt be more than 200-300

wow didnt think it would cost that much. my friends excess is $1500, so i guess if it would cost me that much we might aswell just go through insurance.

yeh that was my original plan..but i reckon itl be pretty hard to find a panel in decent condition from a wrecker
    Obtain a quote first. don't mention u have insurance say u want it done privately.. If it's what im saying it is or more, then mention insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    lol watajoke, 2 grand for a door? this is thru insurance aye, ass raping prices.

OP , go to wreckers find a second hand gaurd same colour, or get one and spray it

should be about 200-300 max then spraying shouldnt be more than 200-300
    i suggest you look into importing a brand new jdm door from japan
    Convert it from yen to australian then tell me if im wrong.
    I wouldn't buy a second hand door as thats a very important part of your safety.
    I'd rather brand new.
    Yes my claim is through my insurance but my panel beater is a family friend and ive seen the prices, the door was bought from Eastern Honda then shipped from Japan.

kthx.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    If a used door is in immaculate condition ( im pretty sure you can find lots of DC5 immac doors as its fairly still new) what difference does the new door have?. New part smell? lmao
    If the door is OEM Honda but used how is that going to affect your safety?
    lol the used one has been closed, so its going to crumple easier in a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    If a used door is in immaculate condition ( im pretty sure you can find lots of DC5 immac doors as its fairly still new) what difference does the new door have?. New part smell? lmao
    If the door is OEM Honda but used how is that going to affect your safety?
    lol the used one has been closed, so its going to crumple easier in a crash.
    im not saying that.
    u generally dont tend to find dc5's at wrecking yards all that often either.
    I'd prefer to have new if i can but thats me thats all im saying

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    im not saying that.
    u generally dont tend to find dc5's at wrecking yards all that often either.
    I'd prefer to have new if i can but thats me thats all im saying
    yer i kinda agree with you there...id rather get brand new than get second hand from wreckers keeping in mind itl be pretty hard to find a dc5 at a wrecker

lol.. yeah go to repco. order a fender. paint it. fit it. $600 approx.

yer i kinda agree with you there...id rather get brand new than get second hand from wreckers keeping in mind itl be pretty hard to find a dc5 at a wrecker
    got some photos of your damage ?
    If you don't mind..
    Would like to see, cause ill tell u right away if it can be fixed or not.
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    WATAJK: Fair nuff ill be a picky if i was getting pay out aswell haha . Make them get quotes for brandnew parts, full respray.. Get the cheque.. then fix it myself lol

I knoe heaps of wreckers with DC5's in them if you want. Theyr not as sort after as the DC2R's..