Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'd get the XR5.
    cause hondas are slow.

But due to depreciation on cars, maybe the FN2R.

Since Fords, and Holdens make new models like every year.
    Hondas not as often.

Argh.. still the XR5 lol
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Xr5 for me too but have u consider other choice like GTI and WRX?
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

My brother has an XR5 Turbo..
    He goes it goes hard but tbh i can keep up with him in my DC5R just with some basic mods..
    But it depends what your after..
    High maintence = XR5 Turbo
    One cause it's turbo but also if you have an accident, you'll be waiting alot longer on parts then what you will be on your civic (as it's a European made car)

Honda
    Reliable as long as services are done on time
    Fuel consumption is good as others have said
    Handling ++++
    It's a Honda, need i say more?

I have a ford laser (nothing to a focus) but like a ford... just the name, everyone drives one... Lether recaros from my brothers XR5T to my DC5R don't compare and he can admit it..
    Cloth recaros are fkn 10x better.

Thats my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by xntrik View Post
    I'd get the XR5.
    cause hondas are slow.
    so true.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 with B18c2
    i say R35 GTR
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    id test drive both but then again as to what everyone has been saying
    its a FORD!
    but if u did get the Xr, as curtis mention
    ORANGE!!!
    BOO YEA!!!
    but honestly FWD turbo - burning rubber

id get a civic in the basis of
    n/a cheaper to run
    jap car, easier and cheaper to mod
    vtec
    and its a HONDUUUUHHHHHHh will last u forever
    but have u considered GTI?MPS?WRX?Lancer ralli art?

Its a no brainer XR5 is far better than a FN2 in terms of performance and build quality

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 with B18c2
    the VW R32 GOLF's are fkn quick as try lookin into one of those
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Thanks for all the input guys. My descision is still difficult at the moment, and Im sitting here mulling over the small bits now.

Unfortuneately, the stupid descision to no no longer import Civics Type R's from Europe in 2010 because Honda Europe will not make a profit (our exchange rate is so high they wont) is hurting them.... thats one of the reasons I jsut ditched the R for the XR5. HOWEVER, one savy dealer in Canberra said he can get one for me in January cause Honda Euro still allocates about a dozen to Australia in 2010... so they are trickling through, maybe as a "lets see if we can still make some money" experiment.

I've driven both, so these are the issues I have with both cars.

Honda:
    - Its a bit cramped evan as a small asian dude, I still think that a bit of luxury rather than "I feel like Im in a race car" would be nicer. But damn the seats are nice.
    - WTF is up with the seats? I fold it and it doesnt go back to where it was before
    - It crawls at low RPM, only lurches forward after 4000-5000 RPM (I wont be doing this on normal roads and this will end up hurting my fuel if I want to make the most of it.) In other words, it doesnt feel like an R unless I wanna break the law. (But then, maybe thats a plus? Vtec jsut kicked in yo!)
    - I hope the person that put the Spoiler there was fired.
    - Not enough toys like voice control, bluetooth, ipod connection all comes standard.
    - I wish it was a 5 star safety rating
    - It doesnt have enough torque

Ford:
    - Theres no left footrest... ouch. I drive sydney to canberra then back about 6 times a year. The XR5 is a nice cruiser, but my poor left foot
    - No cruise control... its $900 for a dealer fitted aftermarket system, but Im not 100% sure about how reliable it is and how safe.
    - Rear seats dont fold all the way down.
    - Its a 5 Door.... I know its stupid, but, I was hoping to get a car that looked like a fast car, not a fast car that KINDA looks like a fast car ... but then again, it will be useful for taking my mates out for a spin.
    - the Orange paint option is $1800 ontop of the car making it more expensive than the Honda.
    - Interior is boring, other than the faux carbon fibre look, although I can buy little LED lights I can install in the footwells to liven things up at night.

Ok, in other words, I wish I had the Honda interor and exteror styling with the Ford (Its actually a Volvo) engine with the value and safety of a ford. *cry* stupid honda dealer, why did he have to be so savvy?

LOL, cheers eveyone.... if anyone has any opinions Id LOVE to hear them. I know some of these niggles I have are small, but they are significant enough for me to notice because Im seriously wanting to buy both cars. But the first thing I'll do if I buy the honda is smash that damn spoiler off the back with a sledgehammer.

My advice: test drive every single sport car around the 40k mark .. including the WRX, GTI, Ralliart.. You'll be able to tell when you found the one, because you wont wanna leave the dealership without it

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    My advice: test drive every single sport car around the 40k mark .. including the WRX, GTI, Ralliart.. You'll be able to tell when you found the one, because you wont wanna leave the dealership without it
    Yea, I tried the GTI, love the car, hate the looks and its WAAAYY out of my price range.

The Ralliart I wont go near cause I alrady have an Lancer ES 2006 and its a nice car, but Im having so much issues witht he gear box.

WRX.... I will only look at the STI unfortunately, its soooooo sexy and I cant afford it