Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CL9 Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Black CL9 Accord Euro

CL9 Tyre

hey guys,

i just want to ask what tyres should i get for my stock 2005 CL9? im not sure where in SYDNEY or what brand should i get. Trivett Honda Service in Paramatta told me to get size 205/55/16, is that correct in what they told me for new tyres?? cause i need to 4 new brand new tyres.

The most affordable tyre brand is fine, no need for performance tyres, just everyday tyres.

any help would be much appreciated.

Dunky
    Last edited by Dunky; 25-12-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda accord euro sport
    Use search function, their is lots of threads on tyres, although most are about performance ones. You can check your tyres size on your old ones by looking at the wall of the tyre.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=tyres

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Look in the Suspension/Handling section. Lots of info and recommendations for shops there.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Black CL9 Accord Euro
    thx for the links proved

is Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2 good?? cause i found a place selling for $219

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunky View Post
    thx for the links proved

That's expensive for 205/55 R16. I got my Bridgestone RE001 for only $165 from Hornsby Bob Jane about 2 years ago.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    thx for the links proved

I have those... ridiculously grippy. Almost too much for the stock suspension.
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Black CL9 Accord Euro
    could anyone recommend me any good tyres?? cause i have no idea what is best for a stock CL9 though i only use it for everyday driving

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Black CL9 Accord Euro
    im currently looking at the Bob Jane T-Mart catalogue but so much to choose from

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    could anyone recommend me any good tyres?? cause i have no idea what is best for a stock CL9 though i only use it for everyday driving
    For everyday driving, you probably just want a 'luxury' orientated tyre.
    Every brand has these, I recommend you start calling places and you'll get an idea of what you want. Every place will give you a different recommendation....

Did you like the oem tyres? Why not replace with the same? Want more km's out of them? Tell the tyre places this, as it is a good place to start.

They should be under $200ea for starters, you can get RE001's on sale from bridgestone for $190ea, I'd get these but they are performance orientated. Alternatively, They also got Turanza er300's on sale for $185ea, sounds to me these are more your style....
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Euro Std Manual
    I replaced my OEM tyres (16" rims) with Tyo Teo Plus about 10,000 kms about. Got about 55,000 kms from them so don't push them too hard normally (!) but do occasional bit of "spirited" driving without going stupid. Still tyres are very important as they are what connect you to the road.

My comments on the Tyo Teos which cost me $149 per corner.

1) Much quieter (normal driving and when pushed cornering)

2) Grip level seems good wet and dry

3) Seem to have "soft" sidewalls as far as roll and turn in. Read lots of reviews talking about this and never thought I would pick it but I noticed it immediately and was it bit put off by this.

4) Side walls seem robust enough and have survived a little gentle curb bashing.

Summary - good tyre for normal everyday use and for the price which is very reasonable.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Black CL9 Accord Euro
    Thx guys for all your feedback, i finally got Michelin PP2 for $180 per tyre. as i got 4 in total. they seem pretty good so far

& also have free rotation of my tyres every 5000km which is a bonus for me.

guys at 'tyre plus' at engadine were real great, gave me free wheel balance as well. which i really needed.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Thx guys for all your feedback, i finally got Michelin PP2 for $180 per tyre. as i got 4 in total. they seem pretty good so far

& also have free rotation of my tyres every 5000km which is a bonus for me.

guys at 'tyre plus' at engadine were real great, gave me free wheel balance as well. which i really needed.
    How do you find the PP2s?Are you running 16s or 17s?Do you live in Engadine?I do.