Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    This is a little Off topic. But seriously i cant believe i havnt seen anyone on here run one.

Water / Meth injection kit. I believe increases the fuels octane by up to 10 points. So combine water meth injection with 98 octane is like running on race fuel .. Also drastically cools intake temperatures. Only down side is its something you have to refill.

Good to setup with your boost controller if you want to go to 30psi though !
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I've seen people say bye bye to their intercooler setup with h20/meth injection.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    how so?

Member Array
    Car:
    08' aluminium BMX
    ok so no one has proven me wrong, i had a friend back mabe 10 years with a b18, typrR head rand 350kw on 9:1 cr,, think it was a gt35 also theres another angle to it, you can run more boost on exactly the same engine by adding extra fuel and retarding the timing, obviously,
    anyway, idk why you are quoting me if yur not saying im wrong, you can quote yur dyno figures without posting my name at the top yu know, and yes that engine is old ect, not sure why that was mentioned either

water injection works great , the downside is , the engine becomes a grenade if yur water runs dry or the thing malfunctions
    the best way to take advantage of this system is directly inject it into the engine, next to injectors, this method cools the pistons directly, (as they are the hottest part of the intake run, it will take away the most temperature here), as well as allowing you to run alot leaner, and saving you fuel while at the same time adding power, and yess somehow it can damage intercoolers, as well as build up water at the base of them, so while it seems like a great place to place it, its not, after the intercooler is the optimal place for a single nozzle
    and i realise someone will say yur valves rust ect, while this isnt a major problem with turbo ect, as the intake is full of oil half the time, there called stailes steel valves..
    Last edited by crx_boy7; 29-12-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    been thinking about getting the meth/water system. But dunno, not enough people here have it at the moment.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    08' aluminium BMX
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    been thinking about getting the meth/water system. But dunno, not enough people here have it at the moment.
    man this system has been around since the hotrod guys, theres tons of guys using this in hondas,mitsubushis, v8s ect, its more popular in the us,

the main reason its not so popular here is
    a) the people using it wanto keep there secret to themselvs, or dont think mentioning it is relevant, and
    B) the car guys on this forum dont have it for 2 reasons.. 1 there cars are built by shops who dont put it in as it will cause problems wen the inexperienced ouner forgets to add water, or mixes water meth wrongly
    or they see it as an anoying extra to fill the canister, or think its voodoo much like the misunderstood N20 cars

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quoted from the web page

BOOST SAFE!

All AEM Water/Methanol controllers include a Boost Safe feature. This feature allows users to retard timing or reduce boost via a ground output if the system runs out of fluid or detects a controller error, ensuring fail-safe operation of the engine whether the system is engaged or not. Critical safety features are integrated into the system to virtually eliminate any chance of failure, including an integral fluid level sensor in the reservoir, internal controller diagnostics and an LED dash light to warn of low fluid level or error codes (including short circuits.

Anyway im getting a little off topic.

Member Array
    Car:
    97EK1 and 95GQ
    i may not be 100% correct but this is what i have found whilst doing hours of reading and research and this is just the jyst i have come up with.
    There is nothing wrong with boosting a High Compression motor and running low boost IF you have a good tuner. (i think ievaq8 and DL01 can attest?)
    Lowering the Compression and upping the pressure instead does make power too, yes! (and lag) and now the car wont detonate as soon and the tuner will have more margin for error, hence less blow-up-ability.

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    Quote Originally Posted by 97EK1 View Post
    i may not be 100% correct but this is what i have found whilst doing hours of reading and research and this is just the jyst i have come up with.
    There is nothing wrong with boosting a High Compression motor and running low boost IF you have a good tuner. (i think ievaq8 and DL01 can attest?)
    Lowering the Compression and upping the pressure instead does make power too, yes! (and lag) and now the car wont detonate as soon and the tuner will have more margin for error, hence less blow-up-ability.

couldnt agree more!!!!
    I had a really "old school mechanic" machine a head and linish a crank for me once, he asked what compression i was going to run my b18c at and freaked out when i told him it was for high boost and high compression...

he sugested i dont run over 8.2:1 or something with a turbo and lots of boost....

I laughed. then laughed some more
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    speaking of comp ratios whats a stock integra VTiR comp ratio?
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforboost View Post
    speaking of comp ratios whats a stock integra vtir comp ratio?
    10.0:1

B20VTEC Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Im pretty sure thought. All factors equal.

Both High comp and low comp tuned to the same point before premature detonation. High comp will never have as much timing... & Timing makes the powa!