Member Array
    Car:
    EG5

need help with spark plug lead

hi guys,
    i need some help my 1st cylinder spark plug lead keeps falling out whenever i go out for a drive. i have had a look inside it all seems fine nothing to make it pop it out also i compared it to the others and its all the same any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

tim.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    comon guys i really need help, i just took it out for a drive to tweed n whenever it hits 3500 rpm i can here it pop out n i have to stop n put it back in. i poped it back in about 6 times in 1 hour i asked a mechanic just to have a quick look he is not to sure either please i really really need help.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    my guess it would either be the lead or the dizzy cover. try the faulty lead on a friends car and see if its loose like in your car. or try a friends lead and attach it to the dizzy, and see if its still loose. then just go from there, once you know what it is.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    thanks mate yeah i guess i will try that then

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    The metal inside the lead that holds it onto either the distributor or the plug may be damaged. Have a look at both ends, try and bend them in so that they get a better grip. Also i found with some leads (on other cars) they get pressurised when you push them onto the plug or dissy, so you get a dentist pick and bend the rubber boot off so the pressure is relieved.

Id just reckon that the prongs are bent and not gripping properly.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    worked out problem spark plug was loose and it was pushing the lead out all good now