Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000

Smile Bonnet Lock Issue

Hey guys, just wanted to ask a quick question about the bonnet lock. I recently purchased a 2nd hand fiber glass bonnet and when i put it in, everything went ok, except for the fact that the bonnet wouldn't close completely. The bonnet lock would not engage. I asked th person i purchased it off and he said that he didn't need anything modifications for it to fit on his AP1 (mines AP1 too). I've already checked the rubber stoppers on the sides and they don't seem to be a problem. He mentioned that i might have to raise the bonnet lock. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem and how they fixed it.
    Ps - i'm not exactly a auto-genius xD so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Buy the car and not the colour

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Just raise the bonnet latchm 5 minute job it tends to slide down after awhile thats why. And thats not a fiberglass bonnet it looks like a carbon fiber bonnet.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111
    do you can any strut bar etc, could be sumthing in engine bay block the way
    What a Three Seventy Z!

yeah just check your latch position it could be off centre. undo the latch bolts so its still firm but moves with a little force and the get the latch to engage. re open the bonnet and tighten the latch

S2Krazy Array
    I just dropped my latch by undoing the 3 bolts. It just slid down and then I re-tightened the bolts back up. Presto - doneski.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Sweet thanks guys. <3 u all Oh and vyets it's actually fiberglass with carbon Fiber bottom so it looks like CF but it actually isn't. But yea xD i know which bolts u guys are talking about so i'll go check on it right after this damn heat dies out XD. <3 Ozhonda.
    Buy the car and not the colour

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    Quote Originally Posted by Oinking View Post
    Sweet thanks guys. <3 u all Oh and vyets it's actually fiberglass with carbon Fiber bottom so it looks like CF but it actually isn't. But yea xD i know which bolts u guys are talking about so i'll go check on it right after this damn heat dies out XD. <3 Ozhonda.
    hey pat lol its john here. no no its cf on the top and fibreglass on the botton (fibreglass isnt clear). Its a "wet carbon" fibre bonnet. most bonnets are made in this way with carbon on top (for the weave) and fibreglass on the bottom for reinforcement (saves costs as well). i think i probably confused you when i explained it.

i did say to adjust the latch, mine must have been done by the previous owner hence why yours didnt close properly. easy to do
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111
    [QUOTE=jaeyon;2612638]Its a "wet carbon" fibre bonnet. most bonnets are made in this way with carbon on top (for the weave) and fibreglass on the bottom for reinforcement (saves costs as well). i think i probably confused you when i explained it.[QUOTE]

and dry carbon is 100% illegal on the street, but seems the wet one is legal,eah?...
    What a Three Seventy Z!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    they're both illegal same with every other mod lol
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111
    lol,crap...
    then the Fiber glass one should be illegal as well?
    What a Three Seventy Z!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    yup both are defects (though i dont think they will really hassle you over it). the dry carbon ones are stronger and lighter, but a fair bit more expensive (think double +).
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111
    what the point here to defect this mods, it not locked properly?
    What a Three Seventy Z!