Thread: Alarm remote

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 Integra

Alarm remote

Hi guys,

I just bought myself a DC4 Integra, and it came with an aftermarket alarm, but only one remote. I have no idea what brand the alarm is, but the remote has 2 buttons on it, a red one and a green one.

Is there a universal method for programming a remote to an alarm system?

If not, should I buy myself a new alarm instead? What should I buy?

Thank you

just go to those mr minit key/shoe repair stalls in westfield and ask them if they can duplicate it for you or not

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Try Jay car , they have re programmable remotes which gets teh signal of your original remote.

But I'd prob change the alarm in case the previous owner tries a shifty with your car by using the 2nd remote they didnt give to you.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 EG Civic B16
    If not try http://www.stevescaralarms.com.au/ and see if he can help you.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    I might just get a new alarm/keyless entry system, maybe one, which opens the boot. Are Viper branded alarms good, or are they overrated/overpriced? What other brands are recommended?
    Thank you

Member Array
    Car:
    B18 EG hatch
    Yeah i know viper are good. They have some real flash systems. Depends how much you are looking to spend... I know lot of feature packed systems have remote engine start and a colour screen to so the status of ur car lol But i think u pay abit for it such things. $400+ maybe.

But im sure u can spend alot less to get ur boot release.
    I know u can also buy just the boot releive modual and get it added to a system.Jay car should have them

good luck
    -Rep'in-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    Was there ever a factory keyless entry/alarm system for the DC2/4 Integra (even without boot release)? If so, would I be able to get it from the wreckers, or would I have to go to Honda?

viper, python etc (directed electronics) are great. I got a pager remote start in my car and no problems. Bit pricey though.

As for boot release. Get a boot release solenoid from the wrecker (mitsubishi magna one works in mine) and hook it up to your AUX output of your alarm... via relay of course.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    Some car alarms (good ones) have revolving codes so a learnable remote will not do the job. Some remotes also use different frequencies so this needs to be checked also.

At least with Jaycar you can try it and if it doesn't work just return it and you will get your money back.
    Honda - The power of dreams? More like the power of nightmares!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 Integra

Brant AA02

Quote Originally Posted by The X Man View Post
    At least with Jaycar you can try it and if it doesn't work just return it and you will get your money back.
    So I went to Jaycar today to buy the learning remotes (Equator LA-8992 – 250MHz-450MHz), and I can't seem to program any code with it, I tried with the Integra remote, and nothing happened, I tried with the Roller door (Merlin Powerlift), nothing happened again, and I also tried it with an OEM Toyota remote, and yet again, nothing happened.

I just realised the learning problem now, it turns out that the alarm is a Brant AA02, which is a code-hopper, and the roller door remote is also a code hopper.

When I was at Jaycar today, I also bought myself a boot opener solenoid, would anyone know how to connect it to the alarm module, and get it running with the remote?

Thank you

FIND THE WIRING DIAGRAM OFF THE NET SOMEWHERE FOR THE ALARM. IF ITS DECENT IT'LL HAVE A AUXILLARY OR BOOT RELEASE OUPUT THAT'L BE AROUND 5ma -.

USE THAT ON A RELAY TO TRIGGER THE SOLENOID.

BEST OF LUCK. BTW... PLEASE FUSE IT.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 Integra

Obsessive-compulsive for OEM products!!

Quote Originally Posted by ejc_installations View Post
    FIND THE WIRING DIAGRAM OFF THE NET SOMEWHERE FOR THE ALARM. IF ITS DECENT IT'LL HAVE A AUXILLARY OR BOOT RELEASE OUPUT THAT'L BE AROUND 5ma -.

USE THAT ON A RELAY TO TRIGGER THE SOLENOID.

BEST OF LUCK. BTW... PLEASE FUSE IT.
    Unfortunately, Brant are very secretive and only let their fitters do anything with their alarms, but I might call the NRMA to send an auto electrician to my place to install it, and fix the dodgy wiring that is hanging in the footwell.

Does the AUDM Integra use transponder keys? The local dealer (owned by Rolfe, one of the large dealer companies in Canberra), and they say that the car uses transponder keys and an immobiliser, thus I need a red key. The only thing is that my Integra came with the average metal Ilco/Silca keys that were probably bought from Mr. Minit.

Being obsessive-compulsive for OEM products, I was told by a work colleague to try the other dealer in town, to see if they would sell the keys to me without cutting them. I also found some DC2R keys on eBay, but I'm kind of crazy.