Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1

how would i go abouts to get the FD1 on HID. need help

Hi, i know there are billions of thread about HID and also a few on the fd with HID, im just wondering about people who have installed them and how are they working and would love it if you cant post some decent photos of the lights and cut of points and the brand will be nice too .

so to make it short
    Post photos
    details on their hid kit (how much,brand...etc)

Also wondering if the housing for the light of New Zealand or Japaneses FD /w HID are different to the Australian FD. Also if anybody have tried to get them from wreckers b4.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9, SH9
    Sup!

I've recently installed a 6000K HB4 slim HID Kit in my FD1 about 2 weeks ago.

The install was easy-ish. Took off the front wheels and had to access the low beam bulbs from under the front wheel plastic guards. Took me a couple of hours cos I'm a newbie...

The light the HID Kit emits is wicked (a white/purple tinge) and they have worked fine thus far. I also haven't had any problems with "blinding" other drivers on the road or the Fuzz aka Police... as nobody has high beamed me and I have also driven past a few Police cars (i'm certain they were in awe and jealous )

I bought my set from Platinum Visuals a Trader on this forum for around $100ish. However, these are on SALE now (till 31 January 2010) for the HID Kit for $78 expressed... which is a fricken BARGAIN... certainly BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!

You can check out some pics and more details in the link below

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125197

Hope this assists

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    o noice, is the right side of the car slightly elevated when picture is taken?

BTW are those DC5 wheels i see on your car?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9, SH9
    The right light appears to be higher, however, my car wasn't elevated when i took the photos, my driveway is sloped and the garage roller door was open...

Correct! DC5s wheels

BTW... i have also recently changed the front parker lights to SMD 1watt (thx ebay) so now both HID low beams and parkers match.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    U'll have to help me install hids on my car when I get back in brissy. Still on holidays in Vietnam with the girlfriend =]

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9, SH9
    I can lend you a hand, no probz ^.^ Just give us a yell when ur back.
    In the meantime have fun O/S.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    you better take photos when you install it and show instruction on where you mount the balisters (or how ever you call the 2 plastic block thing o ma'gig)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    you better take photos when you install it and show instruction on where you mount the balisters (or how ever you call the 2 plastic block thing o ma'gig)

Banned Array
    Car:
    honda civic vti 2008
    installing my hids soon, i just got back from vietnam! haha havent had time, just put in my mugen style front grille though. took me like 2 hours. ****en clips are so annoying

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic FD
    i installed my HID in about an hour.... the longest part was taking the wheel and clips off

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    the pic's terrible! bad on a slope, and the garage door isn't shut so u cn't see the cutoff shape properly...

got better one...?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    no need to take ur wheels off, just turn ur wheel to one side, that saves heaps of time and u dont have to work on the car with it jacked up, much safer =p i did my brothers car a while back, took about 30 mins, just make sure u get ur alignment balanced on bothside so ur hids project evenly and not have one higher than the other or it looks fked