Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    if someone asks you, and he wants to pay through paypal, how does the scam work, cause once the money is in the account doesn't it stay there? or does he still use a cheque that bounces :S
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Scammers usually send a fake payment received email making it look like a real paypal email. People sometimes dont check their paypal account if the money has gone in, especially when its a busy account.

Either that or a hacked Paypal account.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Lolman, that happened to me too.

I wasnt aware it was a scam, but i wasn't keen on shipping a seemingly worthless car...

Hi,

I'm sorry for this late reply but I have been overwhelmed by the number of emails that I have received after I have put the car for sale on carsales.com.au .The car is in excellent condition both inside and out (including engine), the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects.The final price is only $18,000 with shipping included and you have to make a $7000 deposit so I can start the shipping.

I love this car and I am very upset at having to sell it but I've just moved in London, United Kingdom with my new job so I will handle the transaction from here. The car is located at a local warehouse in Southport,TAS and from there will be delivered.You will have 5 days inspection period, while you will be able to see and test the car before buying it.

Due to amount involved and due the fact I am not located in Australia I will close this transaction only through eBay for our own protection , which will hold the payment until you receive the car.Your funds will be 100% insured by eBay . In this way both of us will start the deal with good faith so we can take it to a smooth end.

If you are interested in this car please provide me the following details in order to start the transaction through eBay:

-Your Full Name
    -Your Shipping Address
    -eBay id

I sincerely look forward to hearing from you soon,

Samuel Johnson

hmms so about the paypal thing, even if it was a hacked paypal account and the money goes in the account, can they take it out again. and obv ill check that the money goes in tho
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Paypal is not a completely safe method of payment. Its not hard to screw someone over and get away with the money.

Yes they can forcibly retrieve funds if its still in the paypal account.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    96 civic coupe vti
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    hmms so about the paypal thing, even if it was a hacked paypal account and the money goes in the account, can they take it out again. and obv ill check that the money goes in tho
    there is a massive thread on whirlpool about it
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...m/1340763.html
    Last edited by henrygiang; 27-01-2010 at 09:13 PM.