Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exhaust installation

I'm buying a T1r catback for my ap1. Where would be the best place to get it installed in sydney and how roughly much would installation cost.
    Thanks for your help

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    lol double post.

It's easy do it yourself will take like 20 minutes. I mean it's only 3 bolts :P and 5 hangers to get the stock one off.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Go to hanny's and see Peter

Suite 3, 28 Victoria St, Smithfield, NSW, 2164
    Phone:9725 5115
    Last edited by STAiN MASTER; 29-01-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Sorry for double post im on my phone at work. I was actuallu thinking qbout hanny's but not sure how much they would charge. I love working on the car myself but i dont think i trust myself with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Emre_2144 View Post
    Sorry for double post im on my phone at work. I was actuallu thinking qbout hanny's but not sure how much they would charge. I love working on the car myself but i dont think i trust myself with this one.
    It will take him about 1hr to do and Id say your looking around the $100 mark.

S2Krazy Array
    Save yourself the $100, buy 2 car ramps from Supercheap for $40ea and install yourself.

Save $20, and you have a set of car ramps to use.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    Save yourself the $100, buy 2 car ramps from Supercheap for $40ea and install yourself.

Save $20, and you have a set of car ramps to use.
    your an ideas man, hook him up with some ramps lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    It's not that easy for someone not mechanically minded. If it's an ap1 the cat bolts will be really tight I snapped one of mine! And the exhaust ain't exactly light so it's hard to remove off the hangers. I have changed exhaust 3 times reverting back to stock and aftermarket each time. It does take about 40 mins to do all up. Not hard just not very easy. $100 isn't a big amount to pay for no hassle, depends if you get off on working on your car and like dirty hands. I do lol.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    yeah i agree with you. wasn't hard wasn't easy for me either
    you should try to have a mate with you to hold the exhaust on each end

the ramp does help a fair bit for me i reckon. gave me more space to work under the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    It's not that easy for someone not mechanically minded. If it's an ap1 the cat bolts will be really tight I snapped one of mine! And the exhaust ain't exactly light so it's hard to remove off the hangers. I have changed exhaust 3 times reverting back to stock and aftermarket each time. It does take about 40 mins to do all up. Not hard just not very easy. $100 isn't a big amount to pay for no hassle, depends if you get off on working on your car and like dirty hands. I do lol.
    Last edited by winkyc; 29-01-2010 at 02:32 PM.

S2Krazy Array
    Exhaust was my first "hands on" experience with the S2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    It's not that easy for someone not mechanically minded.
    This is true, but we have to start somewhere. I was a newb once too, as were you. Remember your first soft top install? Big job, I'm afraid to do something like that, because I'm not comfortable with it, too much crap to go wrong with springs and shit, but I reckon if I did one with someone, I'd try it by myself next time around.

Plus its rewarding and builds confidence. Now look - I do nearly everything I feel comfortable with.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Im not saying he shouldnt try it, but I watched my first s2000 exhaust being installed before I tried it myself. Its also alot more dangerous being under a car in cramped conditions than a roof conversion where its just cramped lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Heck PM me and I can do it for you for a small fee.