Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Brand: Falken Ziex 912
    Size: 235/40/18
    Price: about $800 fitted and balanced
    Time frame: Had them around 6 months
    Thoughts: Good dry weather perfomance, not at all progressive though when you lose traction you lose traction. Handle the wet ok, FK452's where alot better in that regard, wear seems really good.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Type - Yokohama S Drive
    Size -225/45 R17
    Price - $230 each
    Time frame you have had them - Approx. 1.5 years
    Thoughts on the Rubber - Pretty grippy tyre with good roll stiffness. Very good wear. Not the best in the wet though but much better than the stock tyres. Thinking of trying the RE001 next.

Member Array
    Type - nankang ns2 ultra sport
    Size -225/40 R18
    Price - $500 all 4 installed
    Time frame you have had them - Approx. 6 months
    Thoughts on the Rubber - Good budget tyres, still at least 75% tread after 6 months and i drive daily including long trips to country.

I will look into Bridgestone RE001 since so many says its good, need to change mine soon. Should I go for a 17" rims upgrade as well or stick to stockies 16"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Type - Sumitoumo ZIII
    Size -225/45/17
    Price - $218 each
    Time frame you have had them - 3 months
    Thoughts on the Rubber - Very impressed on buying relatively cheap rubber for the wifes car they have great traction in the wet and don't squeal that hard either!!!

Type - Kumho Ecsta Ku 31
    Size - 225/45/17
    Price - $160 each
    Time frame you have had them - 3 months
    Thoughts on the Rubber - Good value for money. Sidewalls feel bit soft though . Grips well in wet and dry. Done 5000km looks new still.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Type - OEM Bridgestone RE040 @ 36 PSI
    Size - 225/45/R17
    Thoughts - Decent enough dry grip, but wear is quicker than I would like, and they are noisy on coarser roads. Probably won't replace with the same tire when the time comes. Will look at RE001 Adrenalines or RE050 next.

- J

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    Type - OEM Bridgestone RE040 @ 36 PSI
    Size - 225/45/R17
    Thoughts - Decent enough dry grip, but wear is quicker than I would like, and they are noisy on coarser roads. Probably won't replace with the same tire when the time comes. Will look at RE001 Adrenalines or RE050 next.

- J
    I replaced these after 52 000km (from brand new car) thats how good they were. Just waaaay overpriced to buy again!!!

the tire shop I check with dont have re001 at the moment, any other good recomendation?? quiet, grippy and not too expensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP2 S2000/CL9 Euro Lux
    Have RE001 and they perform pretty poor in the wet. In the dry they are pretty good, but for the price they are, can't complain.

Compared to OEM RE040 they perform ALOT better. The RE040's are even worse in the wet, the VSA would blink like it's a christmas tree.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Black CL9 Accord Euro
    Type - Michelin Pilot Preceda (PP2)
    Size - 205/55 R16
    Price - $180 each
    Time frame you have had them - 2 months
    Thoughts - quiet, grippy in wet conditions, turns well in corners, side walls may be a bit soft as i had punched one tyre by a pot hole & had to get a new one afterwards