Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gearbox???

Gearbox???

as some of you might know my gearbox is crunching 3rd and its finnally time to get her out n get it rebuilt.

iv gotten quotes on Second hand boxs and there $1750 or more depending on condition or i can get mine fully rebuilt for $1500.

iv heard or read somewere that AP2 Syncros are the bomb BUT i went to honda today to see whats goin on and a few internals are different between 00 - 03 and 04 onwards.

has enyone with an AP1 put AP2 syncros or other components into there AP1 box?
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

S2Krazy Array
    Should be able to pick up a 2nd hand box for far less than 1750 on the 2nd hand market.

I'll have a hunt round for ya.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

thanks heaps man i sent the message out to about 10 different wreckers 4 got back to me with the same quote $1750 - 2200 depending on condition

also doesnt the AP2 have different 1st and 2nd ratios :S
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    they are compared to usdm s2000's and i dont think audm s2000's came with the cf synchros.

hmm im getting a stage 2 puddymod soon but i want a good gear box too with out spending 5 - 10k on PPG gear sets

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Just get a reco on your box and look after it with the right lubes and what not and im sure you should be fine. Dont forget the person who had it before you might not have looked after it at all and was bound to go at any given moment. I think untill your going to go f/i then you will need something abit stronger.

ever since i changer to DEX3 in the gearbox the cruching has become less occurant and the shifting is so so so much smoother. so i think if i do get her build its back to dex3 for me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I dunno dude at the end of the day its your choice. IMO i'd get a rebuild only because its just like new. and i know if you were to try and source out ap2 synchros it wont be cheap. But goodluck man.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    i would run a thinner viscosity synthetic gearbox oil, say a 70w90, instead of running atf dex3. but your choice at the end of the day
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

S2Krazy Array
    http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h139027423

Bout $850 + post.

Same guy also has an F20C for $2K + post.
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

lol bro i dont speak japanese lol how will i comunicate have u baught somthing of that similar sight before?

actually my cousin teaches it so it should be ok lol

S2Krazy Array
    LOL Yer I was expecting to find one in AU for about that price, but I haven't come across any that I'd consider a decent price, and I was browsing yahoo JP last night and saw that instead
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...