Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 30000km service

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9
    I have done my 30000km service already, cost me $233.
    Main issue is about pollen filter which i mention earlier as "aircondition filter", it would cost around $90 to replace it.

The dealer confirmed the pollen filter's condition was good, so it have been cleaned without replacement. I saved 90 bucks.
    Last edited by by-life; 10-08-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Well it beats the hell off the 200,000 service for my missus' 97 Civic - $1350 ...

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    Hey I asked that exact question today and was quoted $348. The reason why this is higher than previous services is because they would be replacing the pollen filter which costs just under $100
    My 30,000km service cost me today $189.

Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    My 30,000km service cost me today $189.
    Where?! Which dealer in Melbourne do people find cheapest?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by itr025 View Post
    Where?! Which dealer in Melbourne do people find cheapest?
    PM sent.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    i've got my 30k km service booked for next tuesday in eastside vic. i will be supplying engine oil, will let you guys know how much.
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------

Just got raped $184 (supplied own fully synth oil). Eastern Honda.

Will definitely call GWS for a quote next time.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    anyone know how much for 40000kms service ??in melb

My SV6 needs a service every 1yr/ 15,000km.

The Euro needs a service every 10,000km but what time period? or it isn't that important? If it's every 6 months then it sucks for me as in 6 months i'd be lucky to put even 5000km on it.
    I only drive about 9000km a year

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    i wud go by km/s and not time

it wudnt make sense to go by time. so if it takes me 1 year to drive 5000kms as opposed to someone else who drives that much in 3 months. it doesnt make sense for me to service as frequently. even less so because i dont use the car that much
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    i wud go by km/s and not time

it wudnt make sense to go by time. so if it takes me 1 year to drive 5000kms as opposed to someone else who drives that much in 3 months. it doesnt make sense for me to service as frequently. even less so because i dont use the car that much
    Actually. the opposite is in fact the case. Stop/start short trips are the harshest thing you can do to an engine as the oil never reaches operating temp which takes around 20km (as opposed to coolant temp which is entirely different). If they are the conditions you drive more frequent oil changes are appropriate. If you read your owners handbook it advises 5000km oil changes under harsh driving conditions which means stop/start city driving.

Here is an article from a reputable oil company -

Ideal, or "normal", driving conditions – in other words, what your engine prefers – is trips over 20 km, cruising on the highway, at moderate temperatures and loads, in a relatively clean-air environment. If your driving habits fit this category, you may not need your oil changed as often. "Severe" driving consists of short or frequent trips less than 20km, extreme outdoor temperatures, stop-and-go city driving or extensive idling in traffic, towing or heavy loads, and a dusty or polluted environment. If any of this description fits your driving profile, then your engine would appreciate more frequent oil changes.

How do these different driving conditions affect the engine oil? Driving with the engine cold or under heavy loads, for example, requires more fuel; but this excess fuel can result in unburned fuel slipping past the engine piston rings, and contaminating the oil. Also, normal condensation in the engine crankcase does not sufficiently burn off when the engine is not allowed to reach and/or stay at operating temperature due to short driving trips. This moisture accumulation causes "sludge" buildup over time, which can clog oil passages and damage the engine.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 29-03-2010 at 07:19 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by civicVI View Post
    anyone know how much for 40000kms service ??in melb
    I had mine today. It cost me $405. On my paperwork I had something called "element assy". Does anyone know what this is? I picked up my car today right at closing time so I didn't get the chance to ask the dealer what that was.