front end vibration

I have a 94 integra VTIR. it has done 230k. The front end/steering vibrates under normal braking when reducing the speed from about 90- 60..Not much vibration below this point. The car or the steeing does not vibrate when driving at any speed. Vibration only occurs under braking.

I have had the wheels aligned and balanced but no improvement.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

get ur front bake discs machined !

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    machined ur disc.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    yeah....after you machined your disc, the problem will disappear.

front end vibration

i have had the disc's machined but the problem is still there.

it only vibrates/shakes under light braking. it feels like the wheel nuts are not tightened properly but they are.. If i brake hard not vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by VTECMadness
    i have had the disc's machined but the problem is still there.

it only vibrates/shakes under light braking. it feels like the wheel nuts are not tightened properly but they are.. If i brake hard not vibration.
    Hmm...maybe ur front discs are under spec ? *need replacing*

Or issues with front control arms ? Get a professional to jack it up , and check everythign is in spec...

definatly get your discs machined!!!
    that will solve your problem!!

Team West Yo!

1:15:0 @ Wakefield park

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you discs could still be rooted, you need to mesure the run out on them.

yeah i have had the same problem, but dont forget it could be anything, MOST likely its your disc that needs machining or replacing, or the lower ball joint
    get it tested, drive first then hit the brakes, if u feel theres vibes thought steering collum and pedle then its eaither one but most likely its the disc, replace disc per set at a time and while ur at it might as well pick up some pads =)