Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Integra

6x9 parcel tray vibration

Hey guys,
    I dont know if anyone has the same problem. I have aftermarket 6x9's in my Euro and with the bass even on low although more so on high the metal parcel tray vibrates very loudly. Any solutiions
    thanks
    marc

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    you'll probably find its the plastic around the brake light which is vibrating, I've wedged a piece of paper between it and the glass.

hmm

same prob ay... think its from my subs tho.. it so loud i can hear it thru the back window when standin outside car.

i think it has sometin to do with the middle seat belt assembly.... ??
    if anyone has overcome this pls help!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    yeh subs cause it ..

What u need here is DYNAMAT.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Dynamat

Research it a bit..
    its like this metal sort of thingo.. that blocks bass and adds weight.. to uh.. in this case ur parcel shelf.

sounddeaden it...put a layer of sponge like material (insuflex or whatever) and dynamat around the area where its resting to stop the vibration

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004 Model
    done the sponge idea, was a fail. dunno about dynamatting it. if the sponge didnt do it i dont think that will.

Its the beauty of having awesome bass. haha now we are like all the commos and falcons with the number plate rattle

mmhmm

mm.. yeh i pulled off the black cap thats inside the boot.. its under there the most...
    all the gears in the seat belt thingy...
    tried to put a heap of vaso in there.. but melted out on a hot day. ha
    so i not sure wot 2 do

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    just put subs or music loud lol stick your head in the boot and touch various parts, what ever stops vibrating needs to come out or be wedged....Had this problem on my EG sedan when I added subs, I stuffed the whole boot with aircon duct fluff, removed the caps of lights, took interior button that lets back seat down off, siliconed the back of my number plate (let it dry then put back on car), dynamatted the whole parcel shelf and still get rattles when your outside the car, but inside is okkish lol
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.