Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    dunno might be brand, i ran the castrol edge first time 0w40 and motul 10w40.

or.... i'm loosing oil overnight
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    using 10w50 valvoline full synthetic (syn power i think its called)
    for better temp control, as people say anyways.
    never had a problem, though i do change it every 3000kms

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The first number is measured at -18 ºC. In our climate, it makes very little difference between we see temperatures from 10 ºC upwards. It is only in the snow fields where it makes a difference. Even so, the oil will flow at an even lower temperature of down to -30 ºC. So no, 10w-40 does not do harmful damage. Not sure where you heard that from.
    your right... saying its doing harmful damage may have been wrong BUT i said it to illustrate a point... not that the oil wont flow, but how quick it flows
    because 0w oil is thinner and lighter at start up it gets to optimum temp quicker then 10w and the quicker you get the oil hot the sooner its going to start to protect your engine. if i drive out my driveway and to the end of my street (about 4 kms) the oil in my pan is already starting to register at 60 degrees which is a lot lot quicker then any other oil ive used.

also using sin0 i dont burn a drop in between services i cant see any downsides

i also really liked Motul 300V 10W-40, but hated mobil 1... it burnt oil bad when i went to the track

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2 Type R turbo
    I use Syntholube TXI Xtreme 5w60. I've found it a little hard to find, so when I did I took as much as I could afford. It has been a fantastic oil, offering great protection and not burning a drop.
    Mind you this is on a fully built, bored, sleeved b18c7 running a custom GT30 with 40mm Tial wastegate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    Nulon 5-40 awesome love it and the money stays here
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    yeah but turbo cars get hotter than 100 degrees
    the 10w40 is just slightly better

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Very odd, because at operating temperature (100ºC), the viscosity of 0w-40 and 10w-40 are the same.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    motul full synthetic 10-40w, perfect, feels smooth, warms up in good time, and doesn't heat up quickly.
    i run a honda integra gsi turbo, and i reakon that the motul has done the best for me
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    If its only a stock motor, just use any synthetic 30 or 40 and you'll be fine. I know someone using OEM honda oil, no probs.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    LOL so many different theories i have no idea what to use :S im due for a change now, so im looking at what to get...
    for the last year ive been using Castrol Edge 5-30 (I think)
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Just stick to what you have been using if you havent had problems with it. No need to spend big bucks when a <$50 bottle will do the same.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG View Post
    Just stick to what you have been using if you havent had problems with it. No need to spend big bucks when a <$50 bottle will do the same.
    Good statement.

Motul has never let me down and after each oil change the car feels fantastic.
    and much quicker with the motul. others i have used i haven't felt a difference after an oil change.
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    im just paranoid LOL after u factor in a conversion, then turbo kits, all sorts of bolt on mods, 20k+ has been spent and im paranoid it may blow up so i want to get the oil just right LOL im sure everyone on here understands
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN