Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by markgonzales3 View Post
    if i leave the problem as is (while keep topping up the water), as i dont have the money yet. How long could i drive the car for? Will it make the problem worse ?
    You can drive round for years with a blown HG

Well depends how bad lol

Just drive slow till you can afford it change it..

Make sure you watch the temp and water
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    Yeah my carby eg has a blown headgasket have to top up oil atleast 1l a week and top up overflow bottle 3x a week..smokes abit but alggood not worth fixing just keep an eye on thinks I'll be ok..
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    U can drive around it for years if u keep an eye out oil and water every other day.iv been drivn around my bh eg for 1 year leaks oil water timing belt over due still going strongish lol
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

If your not getting water and oil mixed up then it isnt that bad YET!

if u want a temporary fix, go to autobarn or peps or etc, Grab your self a bottle of chemi-weld.

Heard rumours saying that it will block up the water system, it's bs, used a few time on mates car and no issues at all. Didnt need to top up that much water

Be sure to shake the bottle well b4 use. if you don't have enough money then do that for the time being, but it's always best to get the gasket change so it wont damage the head

Good luck mate

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    $1500 is way too much. You shouldn't pay much more than $1000 at the most.

But then...you can pretty much find a D16Y1 for half that price anyway haha.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    so were does this chemi-weld go??

I have been told ONCE that my car blows a whiteish smoke when im near redline lol..but yeah except for coolant dropping no other probs with the d15b7 yet, oil is fine and still zippy and loves to rev..though sometimes I notice according to the water temp on cluster, that the engine is almost cold lol it never goes past half way evan on long high way trips.. that odd??

oo recently i am noticing oil spots on the stock headers..

its a honda, itl survive
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    I agree with some of the comments on here. Blown HG that isn't mixing with oils, could be fine for years. The little tool that the mechanic used it to show you that exhaust gas (from the combustion chamber) is mixing with your water. You'll probably also notice bubbles rising to the top of the radiator when you run the engine with the radiator cap off.
    $1.5k is just ridiculous. As mentioned, you could buy a 2nd hand motor with less kms for less than that and have it installed and everything and still be ahead.
    Do you really want to spend that much on a motor thats done 200k kms though?
    This might not be the last of your problems with that many kms. How attached are you to this car as it sounds like its your 1st car and your only young, am I right?
    I suggest you sell it off to an unsuspecting customer, as slack as that might sound. But since it doesn't leak water or raise temps, they more than likely won't pick it.
    Then get yourself something with less kms. Then you could invest the $1.5k that you would have spent on repairs onto your next purchase. Come out of top in more ways than 1 IMO.
    If not, keep ringing around for quotes on HG changes or even 2nd motor and motor changes.
    Either way, I don't think its anything to panic about till water and oil start mixing

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar of Markoz View Post
    I agree with some of the comments on here. Blown HG that isn't mixing with oils, could be fine for years. The little tool that the mechanic used it to show you that exhaust gas (from the combustion chamber) is mixing with your water. You'll probably also notice bubbles rising to the top of the radiator when you run the engine with the radiator cap off.
    $1.5k is just ridiculous. As mentioned, you could buy a 2nd hand motor with less kms for less than that and have it installed and everything and still be ahead.
    This might not be the last of your problems with that many kms. How attached are you to this car as it sounds like its your 1st car and your only young, am I right?
    I suggest you sell it off to an unsuspecting customer, as slack as that might sound. But since it doesn't leak water or raise temps, they more than likely won't pick it.
    Then get yourself something with less kms. Then you could invest the $1.5k that you would have spent on repairs onto your next purchase. Come out of top in more ways than 1 IMO.
    If not, keep ringing around for quotes on HG changes or even 2nd motor and motor changes.
    Either way, I don't think its anything to panic about till water and oil start mixing
    Thumbs down to you my friend. How would you like to be sold a car from a bloke you thought was a top guy and gave you a great deal to learn you have a blown HG and up for 1000 in repairs.. and not being able to get your money back.
    Put yourself in someone elses shoes for once

OP - do what others have said.. get a 2nd hand engine put in and you will still be left with some money rather than paying some joe blow 1500 to change a piece of cork gasket lol

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar of Markoz View Post
    Karma cuz...

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    chemi weld does block up the cooling system after a few years,

Your a dumb ass if u leave it in there for 2yrs

Of course it gonna block the system if u leave it for 2 year.

You drive it for a month or 2 then u flush the system, you only leave it in there until you see nomore symptoms