Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK

car/steering wheel is shaking?

Hey guys

I've notice when im traveling high speeds on highways then start braking my car would shake/vibrate. I got the wheel balance last week, could it be my disc's ?
    Last edited by JDM-derek; 18-02-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: edit
    B-serious m8

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    generally means u need to upgrade your brakes to handle that kind of braking force

freind of mine has a WRX, after he put a VF28 kit and a front mount n a few other things ... after a good burst on this setup the brakes would shudder ... replaced the rotors with DBA slotted and put in some project MJU pads and it solved the problem

hope you work it out and get it fixed soon =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    This is common on Ford Falcons and Fairmonts etc. Normally it's the discs and new ones, even OEM size etc, will fix the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    Lawn mower
    You have warped disc, do you also feel the vibration through the brake pedal and steering wheel? If so, disc are warped

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    wheel alignment needed.
    WTB:
    -facelift rear bar 99-00 ek
    -Genuine Window visors.

^^^ WOW did you not read at all ? he got the wheel alignment done last week. Seems to be warped disc, time to invest in some DBA rotors. They're quite effective for what you pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Or a worn driveshaft,happened to me a month ago.$450 installed for a new/reconditioned one!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Wayzor is right on the money...warped discs should be the problem. Had the same issue on me old man's magna.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    as above, its more than likely warped discs. get them machined or get new ones. when you change the rotors or machine them, get new pads too..
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 vti
    it could be that your discs are buckled... you can machine them.. its good to get new pads aswel mateee

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    As above,

Try machining and new pads, unless your's are relatively new already.

Machining isn't expensive, probably $50 or less for both rotors. It's worth a try before you go and buy new ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    If your pads are due to be changed, this is a great time to get new discs/pads as you dont want to be putting old pads on new discs and visa versa, this decreases the life of the disc..

new pads and discs, and bed them in properly, will fix the problem for a long time and you will also notice a big increase in breaking power, trust me