Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    The main thing to remember when using protective films is the experience of the installer. The product itself is great, as is a professional installer who takes pride in his work. On the other hand if the installer has little training or is not interested in the quality of his work you will never be happy with the result.

I recently had the partial front wrap done by Altapac in Newcastle & I would advise everyone to steer clear of that company.

Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    The main thing to remember when using protective films is the experience of the installer. The product itself is great, as is a professional installer who takes pride in his work. On the other hand if the installer has little training or is not interested in the quality of his work you will never be happy with the result.

I recently had the partial front wrap done by Altapac in Newcastle & I would advise everyone to steer clear of that company.

That is good to know Buddah. Altapac quoted $4K for the whole car.
    Universal tint did the same job for $2.5K.
    Ozicozi at Artarmon also quoted $4K but their quality of work is the best.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by triode12 View Post
    That is good to know Buddah. Altapac quoted $4K for the whole car.
    Universal tint did the same job for $2.5K.
    Ozicozi at Artarmon also quoted $4K but their quality of work is the best.
    To see pics of the poor workmanship from Altapac check out this thread:-
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125328

Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    To see pics of the poor workmanship from Altapac check out this thread:-
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125328
    Buddah - I have replied to that thread - pls check it out.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Honda Civic VTI-L
    Stay away from Paint Protection, I told the sales manager, and rep what i exactly thourght of paint protection, that they didnt even sit me infront of the big busted blonde, to try and sell me it!, went straight on finance manager!

Cheers S...

Quote Originally Posted by VTI-L View Post
    Stay away from Paint Protection, I told the sales manager, and rep what i exactly thourght of paint protection
    What do you think of paint protection?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Honda Civic VTI-L
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicVTI View Post
    What do you think of paint protection?
    Mate, the money they charge could be better spent!, it merely a profit making exercise, get your car polished, and detailed professionaly, once a year, 100-150, per year, and it will be he best money you ever spend, rather than 2000+ on a wax and poish!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    yeh like VTI-L said, no matter how good the paint protection is it's not going to last a lifetime. You're better off polishing+waxing it yourself regularly and then get it professionally detailed once a year and it will still end up being cheaper.. not to mention it will be in better condition..