Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Run up the back of someone = at fault.
    No insurance.... You'd want to hope you didn't hit him too hard, because you're up for the damages to both cars.

3rd party insurance costs nothing. Less than $1 per day. You're lying if you can afford petrol, tyres and rego, but not the most basic property insurance.
    Last edited by string; 25-02-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    VteC
    I had a accident before and i had no insurance
    i hit a 2006 Jeep work well over $60,000
    i just scratched the rear bar of it and i was up for $4500
    i told the insurance i cant afford it and i can pay in instulments.
    They accepted this but i was playing smart. I had the cash to pay but didnt wanna pay that much so i told them i can pay a full amount but not that much so they told me to pay $3000 in total and i finally agreed. saved my self 1.5K.

I learnt my leasson and put thrid party with ING for only $44 a month.

From now on you should at least have 3rd party

trust me It works and you save a heap.

Tc
    rep if you find a good post

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by markismaximus View Post
    if you can't afford the insurance you cant afford the car... sorry to be a dick but its the truth

In terms of you paying for the damage your car will be your own problem, you should be able to be put on a payment plan by the other drivers insurance company. So you may be paying it off for the next few years. I got rear ended a few years ago and cost around $7000 to fix (for 1992 Skyline - other driver doing 60km/h). so might give you an idea of cost
    Yes exactly, people who don't have insurance have a damn good reason not having insurance, like for example probably not enough money but they need to get to places and this is their decision to take risks like this incident.

So yeah this accident is because of your own actions, making this your responsibility. You now have to pay for the other cars damage and also yours.

And I always hear that if anyone hits a car thats infront of them on rear bumper, it is their own fault. Because its either your speeding, tailgating or not taking any precautions when your driving.

Quote Originally Posted by noobcake View Post
    to be honest i cant afford it

then you cant really afford to drive.

I think they should make full insurance COMPULSORY for ALL drivers...this will weed out alot of unfit drivers IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    then you cant really afford to drive.

I think they should make full insurance COMPULSORY for ALL drivers...this will weed out alot of unfit drivers IMO.
    Third party perhaps, but why force someone to insure their own property?
    I have signatures turned off

Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Third party perhaps, but why force someone to insure their own property?
    well , an insurance of some sort then. Is that the case in the US ?

do you guys think its possible to negotiate with the insurance company?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by noobcake View Post
    do you guys think its possible to negotiate with the insurance company?
    Theres no point, my mate also wanted to do this when he had an accident. He came back and told us, "theres no chance in hell!!". So he went out and loan'd a lot of cash... and his sick of paying this BS.

But anyways, you'll always learn from your mistakes

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Theres no point, my mate also wanted to do this when he had an accident. He came back and told us, "theres no chance in hell!!". So he went out and loan'd a lot of cash... and his sick of paying this BS.

But anyways, you'll always learn from your mistakes
    Of course there's a point, look up a few post, some guy negotiated 1500 of his 4500 bill with the insurance company.

Your mate probably just doesnt know how to negotiate.

I've personally seen this done before as well. My friend crashed a Commo between the doors, the insurance company wanted 6500 for two doors and repairs. He got big percentage off his bill because he told them he couldnt pay for it. The insurance company actually negotiates with you too.

That or you pay $25 a week for a few years. I'm sure the insurance company would refer a lump sum then monthly payments.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by defect View Post
    Of course there's a point, look up a few post, some guy negotiated 1500 of his 4500 bill with the insurance company.

Your mate probably just doesnt know how to negotiate.

I've personally seen this done before as well. My friend crashed a Commo between the doors, the insurance company wanted 6500 for two doors and repairs. He got big percentage off his bill because he told them he couldnt pay for it. The insurance company actually negotiates with you too.

That or you pay $25 a week for a few years. I'm sure the insurance company would refer a lump sum then monthly payments.
    Mmm maybe, atleast you brang the bright side out

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    had a similar thing happen to me a while back and put me in a wheelchair for a year, so be thankful that you are ok

it was deemed my fault (useless police) even tho it clearly wasnt but i had full comprehensive, i didnt have to pay a cent, all my medical treatment was paid for and i got agreed market value of my car back as well

hope u sort it out ok
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

My full comp insurance costs me $2.10 a day. If you buy a bottle of coke from a 7/11 you're paying $3.00++.

I'd rather pay the insurance.