Thread: Car tyre

Car tyre

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help with my question regarding car tyres.

I just changed 2 of my front tyres (Accord Euro CL9) on Monday, only to discover later that these tyres were actually manufactured in 2005 according to the DOT code.

I went back to the shop where I bought the tyres (Pirelli PZero Nero) from, the owner admitted that the tyres were expired and asked me what I wanted to do.

I told him that I still needed the tyres so he said he would get back to me when he found replacement tyres for me. When he called me back, he suggested to me to get the Dunlop 3000a, but I told him I wanted the Michelin PP2. So, he was supposed to get back to me yesterday about the Michelin PP2s but he has not gotten back to me yet.

What should I do in this case?
    Should I call him and bug him again today? Or should I lodge a police report etc?

Also, is it legal for tyre shops to sell tyres which are more than 2 years old?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by alex101 View Post
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help with my question regarding car tyres.

I just changed 2 of my front tyres (Accord Euro CL9) on Monday, only to discover later that these tyres were actually manufactured in 2005 according to the DOT code.

I went back to the shop where I bought the tyres (Pirelli PZero Nero) from, the owner admitted that the tyres were expired and asked me what I wanted to do.

I told him that I still needed the tyres so he said he would get back to me when he found replacement tyres for me. When he called me back, he suggested to me to get the Dunlop 3000a, but I told him I wanted the Michelin PP2. So, he was supposed to get back to me yesterday about the Michelin PP2s but he has not gotten back to me yet.

What should I do in this case?
    Should I call him and bug him again today? Or should I lodge a police report etc?

Also, is it legal for tyre shops to sell tyres which are more than 2 years old?

Thanks
    Just call him,give him benefit of the doubt,he probably forgot.Don't think it's illegal to sell 2+year old tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by alex101 View Post
    but I told him I wanted the Michelin PP2.
    Excellent choice

Bug the hell out of the guy if it means you can get them
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Most manufacturers suggest against using tyres that are more than 6 years old.

I don't think there is any law against this at the moment.

PLease don't go to the police about this - it is wasting their time.

ask him for a refund and go somewhere else??

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    just give the guy a call tomoz he probably just forgot to call u
    OEM parts whore