Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    Every B16a I've ever seen has let out a small puff of black smoke on hitting vtec

It doesn't keep coming out after the changeover but there is always a little at the start.

And this is black smoke (being fuel) not blue smoke (oil)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sp33~ View Post
    I'd like to see proof of VTEC running rich. The whole point of VTEC is to tightly manage a consistent A/F ratio through the whole rev range. It doesn't get to 5500~ rpm then dump your fuel tank in the engine.
    according to my last dyno my stock h22a4 stays around 12.6 AFR til vtec..then goes towards ~11.8AFR at redline...

i don't really notice much smoke during the day but at night with headlights behind a grey/black smoke trail is really noticable...

Quote Originally Posted by migoreng View Post
    according to my last dyno my stock h22a4 stays around 12.6 AFR til vtec..then goes towards ~11.8AFR at redline...

i don't really notice much smoke during the day but at night with headlights behind a grey/black smoke trail is really noticable...
    It's pretty common to drop slightly to dissipate cylinder heat and prevent pre ignition...

Not going to cause:

Quote Originally Posted by cheapdouchebag View Post
    a trail of smoke at the back.
    I'm just saying that Honda isn't going to tune their cars to smoke. (or any car manufacturer for that matter). I've already mentioned that anyway and made my point.

Good luck to the OP, make sure you post up what fixes the problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    yeah thanks but i cant be bothered fixing it
    it doesit all the time when i floor it at the first sign of green light bahaha ima p plater hoon. if i ease it on and then pull through each rev then its fine.

got some news
    5.3k for full b18c conversion inc transmission swap
    and they giving me free dc2 vti-r brakes woo
    drive in drive out beauty!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2R
    i've been told that it could be my valve stem seals. the thing is it only smokes after 7000rpm under that she is perfect. anyone had a problem like this and found out what it is?