Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Oh gosh, 3 hour wait? Do you get put into a queue and then wait for them to call you back? I think I'll call them tomorrow, not too late right?

I'll assess the damage under the sunlight first and see how bad it really is. I've only seen it undercover and you have to look real close to see the dents (they're not huge/deep dents). I'm sure everything will be amplified under sunlight though.
    Last edited by wendy; 07-03-2010 at 02:25 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    Oh gosh, 3 hour wait? Do you get put into a queue and then wait for them to call you back? I think I'll call them tomorrow, not too late right?

I'll assess the damage under the sunlight first and see how bad it really is. I've only seen it undercover and you have to look real close to see the dents (they're not huge/deep dents). I'm sure everything will be amplified under sunlight though.
    You just have to wait on hold. I called at about 7:30pm last night. Was told it would be an hour before I got through to a consultant. I hung up the phone when it got to 2 hours.

Which area in elbourne are you all? I am in Knox?

Do you have a Euro too Wendy?

I am in Carlton, unity. Nope, mine is a 08 Civic. Was it your Euro or Civic which suffered the damage?

Berating myself for choosing to make a run to the shop at the wrong time. It started hailing when I was in the shop. Oh well.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    I am in Carlton, unity. Nope, mine is a 08 Civic. Was it your Euro or Civic which suffered the damage?

Berating myself for choosing to make a run to the shop at the wrong time. It started hailing when I was in the shop. Oh well.
    The Euro. That car has just about seen it all now. It's just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    If you have full comp.insurance you're covered but you'll have to pay whatever excess you have on your policy and lose no claim bonus.As others have said paintless dent removal is the way to go approx.$3K depending on damage.But your car will look like brand new after the job is done.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Ltd Ed
    Got through to Justcar this morning after a 30min wait. And yes, they'll cover me and it also won't affect my rating due to rating protection. But yes, I'll have to pay for the excess. Which is fine...thank God.

Phew...

All I need to do now is go get a quote on Tuesday and call them back, arrange for the them to come look at the car then bring the car in for repair.
    | cusco strut brace : toda headers : metal cat : fujitsubo legalisR : comptech SS : mugen visors : mugen CF airbox : euroR badges : custom 3M floor mats |

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    If you have full comp.insurance you're covered but you'll have to pay whatever excess you have on your policy and lose no claim bonus.As others have said paintless dent removal is the way to go approx.$3K depending on damage.But your car will look like brand new after the job is done.
    Really? I thought that "natural events" like storm etc will not affect the no claim bonus.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD MYO7
    hi there,

I got Civid Fd 2007

Parked my car in southbank last night , I got flood and hail damage in to my car .. the water goes in to the car and water almost reach the passanger seat , strangley enough i can start my engine.. and

the hail damage is really bad and dent every where...

my question is if i lodge claim for hail and flood damage through RACV will i need to pay one excess or two excess??

What is the likely my car got written off?

Manged to ring them this morning however, someone will ring me back withn 48 hours

Thanks,

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Really? I thought that "natural events" like storm etc will not affect the no claim bonus.
    No.It wont affect NCB only if you have rating protection or maximum NCB for life(allowed 1 at fault claim/year usually).This is general and may differ slightly between insurance companies

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    one excess since it was the same occasion... i think that might even be write off but wait for insurance companies to decide on the extent of the damage...

man i wish i parked my car in southbank so it could get written off now LOL
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    No.It wont affect NCB only if you have rating protection or maximum NCB for life(allowed 1 at fault claim/year usually).This is general and may differ slightly between insurance companies
    Oh, thanks. I have the "rating 1 for life" thing, so doesn't affect anything other than the excess I'll be paying right? Cos I read somewhere that someone said "hail damage claim = no further insurance".

Lol, think I should stop worrying too much.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    man all the panel beaters and dent removal guys are going to make a massive killing next week
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27