Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    2CD and 3DG
    Quote Originally Posted by joyride
    hey quang, you're asking about when the right time to change gears when drag racing right? or normal street driving?... i'm guessing its the first but you need to be abit more clearer
    drag racing....like earlier in the post someone mentioned that he set the shift light to go off at 7000rpm...i was just thinking isnt dat a lil too low???....

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type R DC5
    i agree take it slow and work up ur speed slowly, or if u dont car about ur car being tharashed and u want the fastest way. take off like normal and keep ur foot flat on the accellerator and pump the clutch while changing.have fun

Member Array
    Car:
    97 h22a-t
    i tend to feel that if u change ur gears too low esp with Vtec, wen u hit 2nd gear, the car isnt in its powerband, there for its taking time to get back in to the power end of the engine.

say for ur Vti-r intregra, try changing it at 8.200 rpm and see where it kicks back to. if it doesnt sit above 6.000 rpm, it means ur changing to slow!
    another way to know ur changing gears fast enough, is if uve got ur stockies on and u can chirp 3rds while puting it into 3rd gear!

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type R DC5
    yeh i agree with blew lude. u want to keep ur revs as close to vtec or in vtec if possible for optimum launch in each gear. by the way i was kidding about doing flat chats, they ruin ur g/box

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Don't shift the gear fast. Your revs won't drop fast enough to take advantage. To do it fast, and avoid grinding and mis-shifts:
    1) Floor
    2) Let go of accelerator and press clutch
    3) Shift confidently. Don't rush it, don't do it fast. Take your time. The next step will cover any slowness here
    4) Press accelerator to the floor and let go of clutch at the SAME time. You must do it at the same time and let go of the clutch and press accelerator FAST. Doing it right will bring your rev above 6000rpm and chirp your wheels.
    5) Repeat
    6) ??????
    7) Profit

Even with my Euro, I can land at above 5500rpm from 1-2 shift! You MUST chirp your wheels, otherwise there will be a lot of shock to your drivetrain.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2... (i wish)
    yea best thing to do is just practice and test the limits of ur car
    they r all differnt and ur style is differnt too
    gl

Member Array
    Car:
    97 h22a-t
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Don't shift the gear fast. Your revs won't drop fast enough to take advantage. To do it fast, and avoid grinding and mis-shifts:
    1) Floor
    2) Let go of accelerator and press clutch
    3) Shift confidently. Don't rush it, don't do it fast. Take your time. The next step will cover any slowness here
    4) Press accelerator to the floor and let go of clutch at the SAME time. You must do it at the same time and let go of the clutch and press accelerator FAST. Doing it right will bring your rev above 6000rpm and chirp your wheels.
    5) Repeat
    6) ??????
    7) Profit

Even with my Euro, I can land at above 5500rpm from 1-2 shift! You MUST chirp your wheels, otherwise there will be a lot of shock to your drivetrain.

ahahhahah, what a joke!

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by Blew_lude
    ahahhahah, what a joke!

this kind of attitude really degrades this forum.honestly

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Blew_lude
    ahahhahah, what a joke!
    Glad you liked it!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    97 h22a-t
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T
    this kind of attitude really degrades this forum.honestly
    haha, i just said it was funny man..whats the big deal
    relax jax

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    durrrr errrr....?

redline is there for a reason so use it....