09-10 jazz petrol

Will it make a difference to run on 95 or 98 petrol in terms of mileage and power? Or is 91 pretty much the same.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickykeeng View Post
    Will it make a difference to run on 95 or 98 petrol in terms of mileage and power? Or is 91 pretty much the same.
    Consumer NZ has test this very combination. If a car is designed and tuned to run on RON 91, there is no benefit at all to use RON95 or RON98.

The converse is not true as you will get pinging and possibly engine damage by uisng lower RON petrol on cars designed to run on RON95 or RON98.

hahah thanks ;D

My Jazz used to get 550km on a full tank using 96 while I could only get 500km max using 91 travelling on the same roads.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 Jazz VTI-s
    Might be worth doing some number crunching.

I tried to do this on my VW Bora (before it was a write off)

Calculate your mileage on 91 then mileage on 95/98

Using gd1_nz's numbers. If you get only 50km more out of RON96, and based on a 6L/100km, you 'save' an extra 3L. The cost of an extra 3L of RON91 is approx $3.60 (based on $1.20/L). The Jazz has a tank of 42L, so assuming that RON96 is 7c more p/l, filling a fuel tank is $2.94 more than if you filled it with RON91. So you save 0.66c!

I guess that's an extra half litre next time you fill up...

Also, RON96 I don't think has all the fancy dancy engine cleaning stuff as some RON98's like optimax and all that do, so I guess it just comes down to your own personal tests. If you're a real conservative driver and your mileage doesn't very as much between RON's then stick with 91 and save a few cents I guess.