Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array

Smoke out Tail+Front Lights?

What do you guys think of the idea of smoking out the tail + Front lights on my Euro? im also planning on getting the Euro R lip kit aswell so it might compliment it abit.... just imagine they were all smoky in appearance

what u think?? yes no?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    leave it as is...and grab yourself the P plates that stick to inside window...very neat though
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    +1 for don't tint.

Tinted light covers are not permitted legally in NSW if they cover turn indicator lights or if they cause the headlights to emit a colour other than white. You run the risk of having your vehicle defected.

But if you want to give it a go, see if you can get some tinting film, so it's reversible.

And, if you're in NSW, displaying P plates from inside the window isn't legal. The P plates have to be outside the car.

- HZ

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    +1 for don't tint.

Tinted light covers are not permitted legally in NSW if they cover turn indicator lights or if they cause the headlights to emit a colour other than white. You run the risk of having your vehicle defected.

But if you want to give it a go, see if you can get some tinting film, so it's reversible.

And, if you're in NSW, displaying P plates from inside the window isn't legal. The P plates have to be outside the car.

- HZ
    yer i am in NSW and i already got done for having my P plates inside my window... so now im just hanging them outside until june when my blacks finally can be applied for.

... scary stuff with the legalities...

has anyone here done it and had any troubles??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    I've got Smoked out tail lights
    They look really good, but my cars black so it melds well.
    not sure if it would look that great on the silver, as the red ones suit it.

I had thought about head lights, but its def not legal, as it interferes with the beam, and output, so it would only be good if you had a second set and used it for a car show etc.
    2006 Euro JDM : 18' Concave Concept CC02 Rims, Coilovers, Summit Strut Bar, Voltage Stabiliser, Camber Kit, Slotted Disks, LED Lights, Phillips 6000k HID Kit, Sports Grill with CL7 Badges

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    N3M3SIS, why dont you black out the headlight housing then to complete the murdered black look

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    snYpz,

I've looked into it, its a bit of a hassle, as you have to pull it apart, black it out, then make sure they are vaccum sealed so no moisture gets into them.

I saw some Euro R Headlights once, that came blacked out, but havent been able to locate them since..oh well.

The chrome at the back of the housing isn't tooo noticable, I've gone for a Euro-R Look
    got Red & Black theme
    2006 Euro JDM : 18' Concave Concept CC02 Rims, Coilovers, Summit Strut Bar, Voltage Stabiliser, Camber Kit, Slotted Disks, LED Lights, Phillips 6000k HID Kit, Sports Grill with CL7 Badges

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Euro luxury
    I had tinted tail lights, it looked great on my pearl white euro. only thing was tht after about a year the weather destroyed them slowly, but easily removable.
    posibly tint inside the housing. but yes illegal still.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza7 View Post
    I had tinted tail lights, it looked great on my pearl white euro. only thing was tht after about a year the weather destroyed them slowly, but easily removable.
    posibly tint inside the housing. but yes illegal still.
    hrrrm not a bad idea,

is the plastic easy to remove off the tail lights??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Euro luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    hrrrm not a bad idea,

is the plastic easy to remove off the tail lights??
    The tint was fairly easy to remove, just peeled off. but i dont kno how hard it would be to get inside the back lights, i havnt really looked tho. but personally i like the silver/red combo

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    I think blacked out tailights really suit a white/silver euro, maybe even black if you want to go for that evil look :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004 Model
    i have a white euro (will post pics tomoro night) and i have smoke tint on the rear of my car however i cut out the light circles (reverse and tailights, not indicators) and it looks really good. all my mates commented thinking it looks really good night especially i love it.

recommend trying it its only $20 on ebay for the rear tint film. find something similar size like a paint can or something and stencil it and cut it with a stanley knife.