Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Phased.You sure you're not mixing up prices on the Michelins?PS2 s at $250 a corner is a bargain.I think it's the PP2s that are that price?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Neesmo31 View Post
    What about Azenis RT615's for street use? It will be between the R1R toyos and the azenis.
    RT615s are probably still my favorite, they only lasted 16000kms before being illegal, Kumho KU36 were worse only lasting 11000kms.

I've had approx 9 different sets of tyres on the car over the past 4 years ... & Toyo T1R = the worst !
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute

Seems to be mixed opinions on the re001's ? I've got a Pretty well worn set on my car (bought it with them) good dry grip. but a bit vague in the wet. Might replace them with the same thing or go to azenis rt615 ?
    VTEC YO

Member Array
    Car:
    Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust
    Potenza RE01R's - Semi Slick
    Could probably get them imported for under 250 bux?
    Handles sick in the dry. Did a round about at 120km/h, no tyre screeching.
    Handles good in the wet too, as long as they are warmed up.

Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    advan ad07
    195/55/15
    came with my wheels
    ive had them for about 3 months or 4 months but they have been used alot longer than that before.

sidewalls seemed alot stiffer than my last set which were toyo t1r. alot more confidence in the corners and grips harder in the dry. havent tested the limits in the wet, don't think i want to from what i heard lol. but ppl say they r only OK in the wet.
    is that for your eg or euro?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hmm cheers, what about the Toyo R1R vs the Azenis RT615's

Id like to give another brand a go, but i do rate the RE001's. I understand that the RT's are going to wear out like a demon.
    Honda Accord Euro

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    Quote Originally Posted by sk3103 View Post
    Type: Bridgestone RE001
    Size: 225/45/17
    Price: $225 ea
    Time frame: 6 months
    Thoughts: Not bad for the price. Good dry grip.
    where did you get it on that price?

rt615 get my thumbs up as a progressive tyre -- obviously not R compound territory, but they held up better than a lot of other tyres out there.

The obvious choice everyone should be getting is Advan AD08 -- Nearly R Compound grip without warming them up! I've seen on tirerack.com they have 15" tyres relatively cheap, $180 each or something.. bargain! Anyone wanna do a group buy / get a container i'd be keen.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    is that for your eg or euro?
    on my eg... i dont have a euro lol. would be really nice to have a euro as a 2nd car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Phased.You sure you're not mixing up prices on the Michelins?PS2 s at $250 a corner is a bargain.I think it's the PP2s that are that price?
    Nah. The guys said that they were on special from around $320. Even on special I still couldn't justify it for the type of car a euro is and my conservative driving style, lol.

RATED MY TYRES -- REVIEW

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's 225/45/R17

Replacing - Good Year Excellence @ F38/R36PSI (Quite a good tyre in dry conditions IMO)

I heard good things about this tyre mainly value for money and in many independant reviews only really came third to the PS2's and the Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star-Spec (what a name for a tyre, lol).

First Impressions... (less than 200kms's)
    To be honest... Damn right horrible. The tyres felt relatively soft compared to the Excellence. Straight line stability was good and outright grip felt good (but they were brand new).

Now my largest issue with them was their cornering stability. The front end had average grip and the rear end would just float... like it was suffering from mild aquaplaning. I was VERY bitterly disappointed in these tyres. However, I have a tendancy to look into things.

First thing that came to mind... Over Inflation. That was when I remembered the tyre installer (great/helpful/reliable guy excluding this advice lol) ran them at F40/R40PSI. And told me to run them at this otherwise my fuel efficiency and grip would suffer... I thought it was odd, but... he owns the store and I heard it from several other tyre places... So didn't think much of it.

Went down to my local BP and Changed the tyre back to what I found was optimum pressures with the excellence's. F38/R36PSI.....

No word of a lie... they were completely differant tyres. They felt more responsive/rigid (dispite lower pressures) which I heard is a results of sidewall bulging (over inflation). Outright cornering grip was fantastic. Of course... I don't drive that hard and a standard euro still suffers from understeer. The car gripped fantastic and the tyres a VERY quiet and have great road manners. I couldn't really be happier when it comes down to value for money. The PS2's/Z1's may be marginally better... but no chance they are $50-100+ per corner better... I also prefer them over RE001's even though the RE001's are stiffer/more responsive.

I paid $205 Per corner... Fitted and balanced. (Other quotes were $225 and $235 a tyre).

Rated 8.5/10. Only improvement I would suggest at this price range would be some improvement in responsiveness and road feel. Looking at the tyre I can see a possible explanation. The V12's only have single ply sidewalls. Most performance tyres have 2-Ply Nylon sidewalls.
    Last edited by Phased; 26-03-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

got some pricing for 16" tires....

RE001 $240
    CSC2 $210
    Falken 912 $160

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    got some pricing for 16" tires....

RE001 $240
    CSC2 $210
    Falken 912 $160
    $240 for RE001 on 16" 's?!?!?!?!

Unless you're after a very rare tyre size that is a rip off. I would barely pay that for 225/45/R17's. My dad only paid $230 for 215/40/R17's that was off the shelf no special (only moderate negotiation) and almost 18 months ago.

Try your luck at a Bridgestone Tyre Centre... some tyre places will over quote you on some brands so they can push the ones they make more profit on.
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.