Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R

Gearbox rebuild quick question.

yo ozhonda

I was just wondering is it worth it getting a gearbox rebuild or just buying a new engine wit a gear box, currently my em1's engine is perfect condition it just the gear box is buckled hard. The clutch seems to be in good condition as well. Just wondering wat is the best option for me to take, currently my budget is 4grand. Be looking to be doing a major service during long weekend. Approx Prices and well known price around syd will also help. (close to either bankstown or campbelltown)

Regards amant. cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    if the engine is fine and the gearbox is the prob, just fix the gearbox. either rebuild your current one or find a replacement from another hydro B series. it would be probably cheaper to get another 2nd hand gearbox but then again.. you dont really know what your buying. if you choose to rebuild it will prob cost abit more in the end, but worth the piece of mind that its all brand new
    NEW hondata s200. Melb only

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    When i end up buying a much needed gearbox ill be pulling it apart, but only to change the input shaft & countershaft bearings....

My gearbox is getting re-built right now. i thought about a replacement 2nd handy but thought would be better in the long run to spend a bit more and end up with a fresh one
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Brand new dc2r box from honda is around 3 grand. New everything. With LSD. Cant go wrong.

B series boxes arent hard to pull out.

really!! good to know, i thought they would of been around the 5k mark knowing honda :/ that is very reasonable.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    While you have it apart get an LSD

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    pretty sure my car has lsd. felt it a few times around corners, would the dc2r gearbox fit into the car(em1)?

Getting major service done this long weekend.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    yes it would fit.. while your geting dc2r box get a b20 block and vtec kit and slap them on

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    yes it would fit.. while your geting dc2r box get a b20 block and vtec kit and slap them on
    i was thinking of going b20, but the b16 is all i need atm, getting CAI and aftermarket ecu. The car pulls pretty good atm. Ill post pics up when i clean it lol. And after i change the tail lights.