Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Your rambling is very informative. Cheers.
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post
    Your rambling is very informative. Cheers.
    hahaha thanks
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    LOL good work. Looks like the next cop pulling you over is in for it.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    LOL good work. Looks like the next cop pulling you over is in for it.
    Usually i show them all the evidence i can that my car is 100% legal. 80% of the time they say "hey no worries looks like your doing the right thing" and let me go. But its those cops that have already made there mind up that there giving you a yellow before they even hop out of there car. Those are the cops that get me going. I show them everything, i reason with them but they just find anything like "muffler not mounted firmly" pffft i got a red sticker for that one when my muffler is solid. They just couldnt find anything so they just gave me a sticker for the hell of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i got a defect letter for oil leak, which even the mechanic couldn't find.
    Took it up with the local police station, as the ticket didn't even have a date to get it fixed.
    Didn't specifiy how to clear the defect, either a pink or blue slip.

They wouldn't even tell me the officer's name.
    Seriously the cops all kinda just pretended it wasn't anything wrong. They certainly cover for themselves.

I took it up with the police ombudsman and even then they didn't do anything.

I ended up paying the $88 fine as it was easier than showing up to court, which would have been werid cos my friend's dad was the local magistrate and i had told him about the situation.

This was back when i was only 18, didn't know what to do at the time.

It situations like those that make people disrespect the cops
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    i got a defect letter for oil leak, which even the mechanic couldn't find.
    Took it up with the local police station, as the ticket didn't even have a date to get it fixed.
    Didn't specifiy how to clear the defect, either a pink or blue slip.

They wouldn't even tell me the officer's name.
    Seriously the cops all kinda just pretended it wasn't anything wrong. They certainly cover for themselves.

I took it up with the police ombudsman and even then they didn't do anything.

I ended up paying the $88 fine as it was easier than showing up to court, which would have been werid cos my friend's dad was the local magistrate and i had told him about the situation.

This was back when i was only 18, didn't know what to do at the time.

It situations like those that make people disrespect the cops
    Exactly, when a cop wants to give me a yellow but then i show him all the goods and hes walks away saying "well son it looks like your doing the right thing so im not going to give you a yellow" i respect that. My car looks 100% yellow worthy but its just unknown to them that its actually 100% legal until i show them the paper work. But like i said before some cops have already made up there mind that they are going to give you a yellow no matter what before they even get out of there car and at that point with those types of cops theres nothing you can say or do to make him think otherwise. Even if you show him ever legal permit under the sun they will find a reason to give you a yellow even if its for the most stupid reason like "your window's dirty" one of my mates here in perth 2-3 years ago got a yellow for that, true story. And really when a cop whats to be an @ss theres no way around it. You can get his badge number, take him to court but in the end you still have the yellow on your car and its game over from there and they know it.

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    May I ask if your permit is temporary with exp date or permanent? and which pit?
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post
    May I ask if your permit is temporary with exp date or permanent? and which pit?
    No pit,

Its engineers permit which was then submitted to the departments of vehicle and reg. No expiree...

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFwd View Post
    No pit,

Its engineers permit which was then submitted to the departments of vehicle and reg. No expiree...
    so you didnt go and see pits? who took your yellow sticker off then?
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    My process was:

1. Submit vehicle modification declaring form to Welshpool (This is the stage where they see if you require engineer signatory or not)
    2. Since that didn't go through I went to see an engineer to get his signatory
    3. Engineer report was then submitted back to Welshpool Department
    4. Welshpool department gave me the green lights and to approach a pit to remove yellow off
    5. Went to pits, got the yellow off HOWEVER since IM240 was implemented back then I was given a temporary permit in which I have to do the emission testing before I can get permanent permit

So in total, I have an engineer signatory and permit from pits. Cops only look at pits paper coz engineer report means jack shit to them
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior