Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    what do you mean? elaborate on that im not sure what u mean

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    as long as its not on e, and above e, cause the sump has oil in it for the meantime

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i have run my car on almost empty before and i didnt realise

car was running fine ... it was only a monthly oil check that showed it up

kept an eye on it for a few weeks after the incident and it still runs fine

FEO ftw =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapdouchebag View Post
    what do you mean? elaborate on that im not sure what u mean
    it cleans all the build up of carbon and other stuff inside the engine.

how many kms do you do between oil changes?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    if you put oil in, start the car, run it for 30 seconds, and drain it, it will be black.

the reason it goes black is because all of the particles of carbon, and microscopic bits of metal that naturally get worn away get picked up, and suspended in your oil.

thats why you change it
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    It's also good to get some engine flush. Pretty much does the same thing. Plwhen people say the oil was black when it came out means that the oil is doing what it was engineered to do. I suggest you use Motul 8100 5w 30. Not sure if you want to pay $90 for 5l though. I run that shit in my ef8 and it's really nice and smooth

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by MRK20CRX View Post
    It's also good to get some engine flush
    gotta remember you need to let the car run for at least 20 minutes after putting the engine flush in before dumping the oil.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg5
    u gotta let the engine warm up 4 a little bit so the oil gets hot n thin, so when u drain it most of it will come out and always change the filter too
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    If your engine is old it might not be a good idea to use engine flush. Sometimes the carbon deposits inside the engine are the only things keeping it 'healthy'. On my old EG it ran perfect, until a friend told me to use some 'engine flush'. After that, my engine started burning oil.

Just a note. If there's nothing wrong, don't 'fix' it!

Also, if your engine oil turns black after only 30 seconds from fresh, I think your engine is running very 'rich'? I don't know someone here might be able to add more info, but it's definitely not normal. Might not be harmful, but not normal. Here's the cars I have/had:

e.g. my EG civic (old car) - Oil turned black after about 1 week (FEO, then tried Magnatec - same results) Not too healthy of a car.

Civic 09 (currently in family) - Never black - Only darker at change. Changed every 10,000km (FEO)

Jazz 05 (currently in family) - Never black - Only darker at change. Changed every 10,000km (FEO)

Integra VTi-R 94 (My car) - It's been about 1.5 months now - First time I'm using EDGE. It's just starting to get darker but no where near black (EDGE 5W-30)

Your bottle of oil should be the same as everyone elses (brand wise, etc.) so your oil never 'doesn't' work. Your engine might simply healthier or running leaner than others.

e.g. FEO went black in the EG, but not the Jazz.

Just a note.
    Last edited by androo; 02-04-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Typo

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    are you judging the colour by dumping the oil or looking at the dipstick?

Also, the car running rich wont effect the oil after only 30 seconds. And of course an older car will see darker oil than a newer car. More wear, larger gaps/tolerances etc etc.
    to see all of my build, checkout