Thread: CAI Piping

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ek Gli

Red face CAI Piping

So basically i want to buy a CAI pipe for my civic. Ive got a stock 97 Ek Gli Civic. I just want to give it abit of sound so just want to know, do all CAI pipes give that little roar from the engine or are there specific brands which are better, how much am i looking at spending etc?
    Its a dumb question but i have no idea... Hope you guys can help me out. Thanks!

its not the pipe that gives the roar, its the open air pod filter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ek Gli
    ohh... so basically any piping will give a roar as long as the air pod filter is open?

i guess, but u need to know about the pipe size as well as how many bends.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ek Gli
    ok, thanks for clearing that up with me...

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Even the stock intake arm, ( so minus all intake box/filter/resonator thingo) and you just extend some straight piping + a pod filter on. and you will get a pretty noticeable increase in induction noise.
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

just get rid of the box and put a pod filter there, if sound is all your after. i dont know whether there is a reverberation effect with the aluminium piping as well that helps to make the sounds louder. the induction kit with pipe and filter are pretty cheap these days off ebay.
    d e e p S i x [d6]™