Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My CD5 VTI

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    http://www.asianautospares.com.au/in...&ProductID=124

Or

http://www.asianautospares.com.au/in...t&ProductID=32

What's the difference between the two - engine vs. half cut?

Wait, I just emailed them so we'll see. Will post up pics shortly.
    Last edited by Troy; 09-04-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 CD5
    you still haven't posted any pics of your car man.

I'd go the half cut, then you know you have everything.
    OzAccord <-- Being rebuilt, but come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    deleted
    Last edited by Troy; 04-06-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Resized!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    resize!!!.

shit that sucks man hope you can find a new bonnet cheap

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    OMG Yeah resize is happening right now, will edit shortly once they are uploaded.

Okay resized now, so my analysis is those side panels at the front with the wheel arch, both of those are perfect, I've had a very careful look at the curves and angles and they all look spot-on like they should be. Even the front bumper actually looks okay, just need to get all the horrible green off and pop it back in above the front left wheel, popping out slightly. Once we get it straightened out a bit more my dad will be able to get in properly and have a good look at what needs replacing.

Description of incident copy/pasted below:
    Damn... a few wanting to meet up for the GC pre meet. Looks like it was a good idea after all. Now the race is on to fix my car up in time... yep crashed it. People braking hard and stopping on an entry to the highway just as I am shoulder-checking to merge... for the loss. Oh the tears, my poor Honda. Wish I could afford comprehensive. Such is life. If you wanna help me get it back up and running in time, the biggest thing is finding a bonnet. I have a thread in the WTB section.
    Last edited by Troy; 09-04-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    yeah, i agree with tmy, i would go with the half cut, always the best option and worth the money.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Unfortunately not in a position to spend that much at the moment... but would be awesome. Hondarec have found replacement parts for me, $650 for everything I need including radiator etc - spitting chips because that's a brand new radiator in there... Apparently the bonnet is a new aftermarket one, so I was thinking spray in black?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Unfortunately not in a position to spend that much at the moment... but would be awesome. Hondarec have found replacement parts for me, $650 for everything I need including radiator etc - spitting chips because that's a brand new radiator in there... Apparently the bonnet is a new aftermarket one, so I was thinking spray in black?
    carbon fibre wrap it cost less

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Ah hah interesting... but it's new so not painted yet. Would it need to be painted before wrapping in carbon fibre wrap?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    im pretty sure it just goes on top dosent need to be painted but i could be wrong.

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    damm man looks like quite a decent shunt good to see radiator didnt run dry though

what speed did you hit at?

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury

Fffffffuuuuuuuuuu

I was almost stopped, must have been about 15 or so when I hit. But it's a bit worse I think because of the inertia, still going forward. Blasted idiots slowing down to merge on the highway! Like I mean really slowing down, the idiot in front must have been just about stopped. The guy I hit thought he had hit the car in front of him but the car took off and couldn't see anything on the front bumper, and the car behind me was millimetres from my rear bar.

Not only that but about 5 minutes later, we had pushed the cars onto the shoulder and were exchanging details, a red Falcon w/ trailer screeched to a stop and was about 5 inches away from my rear bumper, dunno how he did it but he also said he was shoulder checking and must have wandered slightly onto the shoulder as he was doing so, said he hadn't seen us at all. Freaked us out.

Be careful when shoulder checking! BTW have attached a basic pic of the exit, it was bumper to bumper traffic that day, but should have left a wider gap. You can see there's not much room to merge at this particular onramp. Oh well, my bad - don't anyone else do it aye.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crash..JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	13778