Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Don't forget to include:
    - Stamp duty
    - Insurance
    - Leftover cash for excess in case you have an accident (which is pretty much a responsibility, not just a good idea)

Getting a nice Integra or Prelude is hard with a budget of $5g if you want one in good condition that hasn't been bastardised and flogged to death. Then factor in the above costs.

So, thanks for sharing your opinion like I did, but there's no reason to call me an idiot you worthless son of a whore.
    when was that apart of money with buying a car? i picked my gsi with 200k and it was fine no mechanic damage or anything.

SO guys next time when u buy a car, if ur budget is 5k, better off buying a car for 1k because u will need money for insurance and money when u you crash it.. ]

yes ofcourse you wil need money and should only buy the car that you can afford the insurance on, but seriosuly, if ur going to buy a car which is of value of 5grand, and u cant even afford insurance, dont even bother buying a car. but if he has a budget of 5k and his working, it doesnt mean that thats his only 5k he will have in his entire life time. if he ever crashes, lets hope not, he can work for the moeny and pay the excess, there is no need to have it part of ur budget

thanks
    Last edited by Zilli; 14-04-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: took out rubbish

might as well not get insurance if ur car is like <5000 dollars hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Sedan
    Just do third party insurance, wont cost you $500. Ill just answer your question and ill go with dc2. Try to look around for a vtir and be patient about it. Maybe borrow some money from your parents for a vtir, the extra cash will worth it.
    053X

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by YBJLS4 View Post
    when was that apart of money with buying a car? i picked my gsi with 200k and it was fine no mechanic damage or anything.
    SO guys next time when u buy a car, if ur budget is 5k, better off buying a car for 1k because u will need money for insurance and money when u you crash it.. ]

yes ofcourse you wil need money and should only buy the car that you can afford the insurance on, but seriosuly, if ur going to buy a car which is of value of 5grand, and u cant even afford insurance, dont even bother buying a car. but if he has a budget of 5k and his working, it doesnt mean that thats his only 5k he will have in his entire life time. if he ever crashes, lets hope not, he can work for the moeny and pay the excess, there is no need to have it part of ur budget

thanks
    That money was part of buying a car when people grew brains and decided not to be complete fools about doing such a thing. If you buy a car you should be responsible for all the costs associated with it, and if you're not in a financial position to do that then don't dig holes for yourself in the first place.

In my driveway is currently sitting a '98 Integra GSI, '05 Jazz, '94 Civic VTi, '97 Accord VTi-S, '85 City Turbo II and '90 CRX SiR. I'd go into anaphylactic shock if you managed to pick up an Integra of the condition parked in my driveway for $5g. I agree with DC2-PWR - don't cut corners from the get-go by purchasing a cheap car if $5g is all you have to acquire/fix it. You're best off doing it once and doing it properly.

Oh, and if you're budget is $5g you can afford more than a $1k car unless you're one of those random people paying $4g for stamp/insurance!

Anyhow, it's not about whether or not you'll have an accident, it's just a matter of 'when'. And even if it's not your fault it still pays to have that legal representation.

[/b].
    Last edited by Zilli; 14-04-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: removed rubbish

if ur under 21 and ur paying for the insurance, which this guy proably is, it would probably cost him 2k for full comp neway, and other 1k if he crahses, thats 3k

lol neway stop spaming, i think OP has got enough help neway
    Last edited by Zilli; 14-04-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: removed rubbish
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    +1 for dougie + mwaku ... solid advice
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Well it's all up to Impusle4Integra, I might send you a few PM's regarding some nice decent DC2's that are forsale.

Good luck
    Last edited by Zilli; 14-04-2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: removed rubbish

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    cd5 accord h22a

my teg see below

have have had mate with both and modded both and i would have to say that save a bit more $$ for the vtir models dohc vtec is worth it as for integ or lude id say integ for many reasons , alot more room for rear seat passengers heaps more useable space with hatch , after market parts are easier to find with more options too , the lude feels fat and heavy to drive and the dc2 tegs are very nimble feel light and sporty ,also as you are a newer driver over details come into play , teg has 1.8L vs 2.2L so better fuel economy and insurance if i was in your situation i would buy a teg .(even with out fuel eco or insurance hassles) al the best for your first car

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    LOl this thread gave me a good laugh lmfao..

GO the integra.
    DO NOT SETTLE FOR A GSI
    i had one, good run around but i wish i saved a bit and got the vtir. you wont regret it just be patient

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    My brother has a GSI and we just put on a new set of XForce 4-2-1 headers, Magnaflow cat and Fujitsubo Power Getter cat-back. With the generic CAI it runs very well for what it is, and as a daily driver that's plenty IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    it would run better with those mods on a vtir

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    the only reason why i havent closed this thread and infracted everyone is because there is some good information in here. OP... good luck. Keep an eye out, go and drive them, and ensure you have the money you need to responsibly own the vehicle.

To the rest of you, organise to meet ourstide of here in the real world and sort out your issues... i spent a stupid amount of time cutting rubbish out here. Youve been warned
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316