Car:
    Integra
    the wet is the best fun with an s2k =]
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Quote Originally Posted by trentd View Post
    the wet is the best fun with an s2k =]
    And also very dangerous, we don't encourage this behavior here.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    its dangerous when you don't know what your doing.

as my dad always says. 'when in doubt, Power out!'

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ok so basically i should go to track days, do a skid pan, and not post up so many things without researching first got it.
    so how high does the s2k rev to again??.............................just kiding

and i dont think ill be launching the s2k at all after half you guys saying ill break my diff =/ which is good advice.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    You won't break your dif! if you had a commodore and launched at 6 gran you would break your diff, there fairly strong and the car isn't holding to much weight.
    i have a mate that owns a s2k and he goes around and around in circles in the dry and his car still runs like new.
    Have a bit of fun mate. thats why you got the car didn't you?
    cant just drive it around being perfect.
    give it hell

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by brendan1990 View Post
    ok so basically i should go to track days, do a skid pan, and not post up so many things without researching first got it.
    so how high does the s2k rev to again??.............................just kiding

and i dont think ill be launching the s2k at all after half you guys saying ill break my diff =/ which is good advice.
    Meh upto you man, at the end of the day it's your car do what you want. I do strongly advise you not too because it CAN happen and I hear stories about it too many times. In all dead honestly I've had my car for over well 2 years, I've launched drag/drift/track my car that many times it's not funny. And LUCKILY.. nothing has happened to my gearbox/diff/clutch or anything to do with the car, I crack my rotors/damage them often as I like to brake hard on the track but that's about all. But at the end of the day... I'm just lucky *knocks on wood.

There was a guy here asking me for tips and stuff, he went to the drags had 3 runs blew his box... It's just luck of the draw man but it doesn't mean these things are unbreakable. I take care of my box and change my oil very often, change the diff oil and baby the car when I'm not going hard. At the end of the day man, people here aint flaming you n shit we're giving you advice and some people have learnt first hand how much of a hassle and costly it is and **** they all say "it ain't worth it" I mean, if you have having "trouble" getting money to go to a track day imagine the kind of trouble you will get when you gotta replace shit and s2k parts aint cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by trentd View Post
    its dangerous when you don't know what your doing.

as my dad always says. 'when in doubt, Power out!'
    Another one that thinks his invincible

There's a reason why professional drivers still crash..
    Last edited by vyets; 14-04-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    invincible, its about the thrill. you cant tell me when going around a round about you don't just wanna let it slip out a lil ;P.
    i think its safer losing traction in a rwd car then a fwd in some ways, rwd you have the chance to bring it back. fwd your going straight buddy lol.
    i don't think im invincible. i just like to have a bit of fun. they didn't create cars to just stick by a speed limit and behave the whole time.
    why else would they be powerful and fast?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    No-one said that. It's more the point of don't be dickhead and post it on a public forum. Everyone's guilty of getting up to no good, but it's only the noobs that post it.

Also you own one do you?
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    At the end of the day man, people here aint flaming you n shit we're giving you advice
    and i only ask these questions to get advice, so if you say your have heard on many occasions of people breaking specific parts then im going to be alot less likely to launch the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    No-ones saying baby the thing or drive it like an indian drives a camry. Maintain it well and give it plenty of stick. Don't abuse it. Like burnout's, doughnuts, launches.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    You won't break much by launching it now and again. its when you launch 2 to 3 times. Then your just asking for stuff ups.
    No i don't own one, i have driven numerous, and i have to say, they are absolute fun.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    i didnt say i wont drive it, i just dont think ill launch it