Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1

BB6 Lude Vti-r Vs Dc5R

hey guys,
    i have something thats bothering me a bit, this is because i will be able to buy a car next year when i get my green Ps
    i have already decided it will be a honda and i am tossing between the two cars in the title
    the thing that is niggling me is that i will have enough money for the lude as soon as i get my green Ps and i dont mind the car but the thing is i really really want the dc5r. so what should i do? i mean if i were to buy the lude i could modify it to how i want it and it will be less that the price of a stock standard dc5r but i know i will forever be kicking myself knowing i didnt buy the dc5r. for the dc5r i will be around 5 k short so id have to save up for about 4-5 months and if i do buy it, it will most likely to stay stock for a while.
    so what are your suggestions? should i wait it out and get the Dc5R that i really want or settle for the BB6?
    cheers

Its totally up to you what you should do. But you dont really want to be regretting a purchase
    both cars are nice.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    yeah that is true thyats kinda why i am leaning towards saving up for the dc5r as i know i will be kicking myself if i bought the bb6 instead of the dc5r

DC5R imo is always better overall hence why you pay more. Interior, Performance ect. In the end its your money !

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    ive driven a lude and ep3 is almost identical to dc5r and it feels your going so much faster in the ep3/dc5 compared to the lude. its a nice cruisey sports car but yeah its down on what you like performance, bang for buck, also k20a's have good aftermarket support.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    i agree with john about the aftermarket suppoort, there is a lot of stuff going around for the dc5, i think wait the extra little bit and go for the dc5, don't forget in a years time they will be even cheaper , so u might not need to save up as much as u think.
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5-R
    DC5R in my opinion. I know alot of people who regret not waiting the extra bit of time for their cars. BTW even after getting the BB6 and modding it to how you want, it wont be as good as a DC5R anyway imo. Also, market value for BB6 is lower than DC5R plus you lose benefits i.e. power, recaros, aftermarket support, handling and self satisfaction. In the end its our choice, regret vs self satisfaction

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX & CRV
    Don't settle for 2nd best unless you have to, live life with no regrets otherwise you will always be wondering what if.....i owned a BB6 for 4 years and LOVED it but it was my 1st choice not 2nd.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    ^ agree with those who have posted before me.
    Save for the DC5R,
    PS
    dont go in to the prelude forum and read about people evangelising the lude...
    Or you will get swayed...
    Previous Ride: Modified NHB 04 CL9 (Maximworks headers, Injen intake, highflow cat, Fujitsubo Legalis-R, Greddy E-manage Ultimate, Buddyclub N+ coilovers)
    Current Ride: Almost stock CW 02 EP3R

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    just buy my dc5r for 16500..u can afford it..go on

depends what you want. i have always liked a bit of luxury and features...i like my climate control, cruise control, sunroof, leather seats etc...back then i could have choosen a dc2r/EM vti-r but a prelude suits me better. my car is almost done with exterior mods...it's exactly how i wanted it: bigger rims, lowered, front lip...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    DC5R you will love it, go take one for a drive.