Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2

Nail in tyre---is it ok to leave it there?

Was doing my routine fortnightly inspections on the car and noticed a nail in the passenger back tyre, wondering if i can just leave the nail there?? cause it hasnt affected me in any way (driving wise, pressure loss, etc). cause i remember last time the tyre shop told me having a nail puncture in this specific spot isnt that good and the tyre should be replaced.
    because im a student at the moment and the tyre still has LOTS of meat on it i would really hope i can keep using it.

would just like to get people advice here on whether its safe/wise to keep using it (if i left the nail there). cause if i go to the tyre shop they might suggest i change it.........

most of the driving (~70%) i do is highway (sydney to newcastle) if that has any effect on it, i have no idea when this nail got stuck.

it costed me 15$ to take it the nail off and fix the whole.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    it costed me 15$ to take it the nail off and fix the whole.
    He prob though you had to replace the whole tyre? Dw i was thinking the same lol
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    cause the dude at bob jane t-mart last time told me that if i was to have a pucture the best spot to have it would be on the flat surface of the tyre, anything on the corner or the side wall of the tyre would be hard to patch up and they recommended changing the tyre instead.
    so im just going from this.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    just buy a tyre puncture repair kit, there only like $5-10 from supercheap auto
    OEM parts whore

remember its a shop, and he will try to rort as much money as he can off you. its business.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    just buy a tyre puncture repair kit, there only like $5-10 from supercheap auto
    you can repair them from the outside?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    Yes you can... It's like a 2 minute job
    Last edited by Zilli; 19-04-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: keep the rubbish out
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    a decent tyre shop will not allow this type of puncture to be repaired with a glued "mushroom" type fix as it is off to the sidewall/edge of tyre. If the screw was in the middle then yes, it can have the mushroom patch. (if installed to the sides like where u have the puncture, your tyre will will not be roadworthy/adr safe, hence could affect insurance too.

Unfortunately it's best to replace the tyre.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i had one in that position yesterday on the ute... took it to the local shop and they repaired it... i was shocked as it was on the corner, but they said it will be fine. cost me $25
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    you can repair them from the outside?
    they dun teach u that at toyota brah
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    just drive it til u can afford one mate, if it hasnt effected it as yet u should be right, just make sure u have a spare..