Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinyo View Post
    You talk a lot of crap for someone who havent even owned a DC5R...have you even driven one? its based on everyone's own opinion...you and other people like dc2r because they either have a dc2/dc2r or its their personal taste...good for you and i think they are a great car. Well i'll be plain and honest here and say that most DC5R owners here can buy a dc2r if they wanted to, but they prefer/bought the dc5r, so obviously each to their own...Too boring? not even a comparison?...get real...
    And i am sure most DC2R owners could of gotten a DC5R considering the minor price difference.
    stock for stock the dc5r feels to plain, alot of the dc5r owners ive met got the dc5 over the dc2 because of the age issue.

And yes, we do need more people who have had REAL experience with these cars to comment.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by *vtec-screamer View Post
    DC2R is nice but it's OLD now, old engine, less power, as it ages, the engine loses power!
    Not true in all cases. The NSX engine actually makes more power after 100,000km's than when it is new. It's apparently how Honda designed it.
    Any well maintained car will last a very very very long time. It just comes down to how much someone was to maintain their car. I've seen DC5R's that burn oil, and have shit valve clearances with noisy knocky pistons with 30/40,000km's. For example, I have 120,000km's on my DC2R, and it doesn't burn a drop of oil, and it super quiet. Just depends how you were to maintain it. Either way, it's freaking near impossible to find a mechanically A1 DC2R or DC5R. Too many P-platers owning them, and thrashing the crap out of them.

Oh, and i'd choose a DC2R over a DC5R anyday.
    Last edited by VTECMACHINE; 16-04-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    Not true in all cases. The NSX engine actually makes more power after 100,000km's than when it is new. It's apparently how Honda designed it.
    Any well maintained car will last a very very very long time. It just comes down to how much someone was to maintain their car. I've seen DC5R's that burn oil, and have shit valve clearances with noisy knocky pistons with 30/40,000km's. For example, I have 120,000km's on my DC2R, and it doesn't burn a drop of oil, and it super quiet. Just depends how you were to maintain it. Either way, it's freaking near impossible to find a mechanically A1 DC2R or DC5R. Too many P-platers owning them, and thrashing the crap out of them.

I agree, someone is selling a DC2R on CRSX with 210,000km and he dyno'd it and its making over 100FWKW still..
    .: I Heart Honda :.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    I've driven Both or I can say all, DC2R, AUDM DC5R, JDM DC5R, FD2R, FD2R RC, Mugen RR
    Stock to stock between DC2R and DC5R for sure DC2R is quicker and handle better. But after you put some decent mods on them and a bit more of time by time. The gap grow bigger. I like the way how a Stock DC5R as a daily and stock DC2R as track car. But if I have $$ I will get a DC5R and mod it up like other mention the extra torque and protential to mod up a K20 engine since its still 2 lts vs 1.8lt.
    I owned a DC5R and it really feel like a different car before and after you mod it up. I recently de mod my DC5R and still remember how it handle b4 I return it back to stock. by achieving a 1:38 in winton I think the time speaks many words.
    I will say if you want a daily + track car get a DC5R and if you want to build a track only car get either one of them.
    comparing a AUDM DC5R and JDM DC5R. They almost drive the same. except the JDM package offer a bit more values in terms of parts and it respond a bit better in high revs. generally its not that much faster then AUDM.
    FD2R are really good cars compare to the one available in our market. but too bad they are not available in our own soil......hope this help~!
    Mugen Whore #2

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    Agree for both, Best motoring acturally did a test and prove the more milage it does, the more power it make. Can't remember which issue but it was like ages ago......

Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lepperfish View Post
    I agree, someone is selling a DC2R on CRSX with 210,000km and he dyno'd it and its making over 100FWKW still..
    Mugen Whore #2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Stick View Post
    And i am sure most DC2R owners could of gotten a DC5R considering the minor price difference.
    stock for stock the dc5r feels to plain, alot of the dc5r owners ive met got the dc5 over the dc2 because of the age issue.

And yes, we do need more people who have had REAL experience with these cars to comment.
    actually, come to think of it, thats why i got my dc5r, cos the dc2r is too old and interior is outdated...

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    I got my DC2R, cos I couldn't see over the dash of the DC5R. Anyone else have that problem? lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    i cant see the bonnet when im driving even tho i lean forward. DC5s

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I have a Jazz and have driven a DC5 and on both cars I can't see the bonnet no matter what I try!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by burak213 View Post
    i cant see the bonnet when im driving even tho i lean forward. DC5s
    I have that problem too with my DC5s. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I have the same problem with the recaros lol...first time my mum test drove it she needs a pillow to sit on just to see the outside...or it maybe because some people drive muzza style??...its weird that sometimes i see people who look like they're almost in sleeping position/seating position driving around in their car.
    Last edited by Zinyo; 18-04-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinyo View Post
    actually, come to think of it, thats why i got my dc5r, cos the dc2r is too old and interior is outdated...
    lmao please don't compare the interior. i reckon the dc5r has the blandest interior ever used in a honda. i personally like the dc2r interior quite a lot, and if you don't that's fine, but the dc5r interior is not worth a mention in any argument anywhere. don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with it, but there is *nothing* special about it. i wouldn't say i bought a dc2r over a dc5r because of the interior, no matter how much i prefer the interior (quite a lot tbh). it's like saying i bought a ford over a holden because of the look of the badge....really? that's why you bought the ford? the look of the badge?